Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you think 'safety gear' is priced too high?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yep. Apparently the plastics degrade.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the language is 'lose their intregrity'.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flowa, depends on the lid I believe and the sunlight exposure. Replaced mine this year after 5 years. Some US bike helmets have a replace at half price deal I believe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoatsbrother, hi. Fair enough, but the point remains."Skiier, know your lid!" Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The cost of safety gear for recreational skiing is peanuts compared to the rest of the costs, so hardly worth discussing. If your ski helmet cost say £60 and it lasted 3 years, that's a whole £20 a year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A lot of bike helmet manufacturers (eg Giro ) have a crash replacement scheme too. You trade your crashed helmet against a new one for a considerable discount. Helps them with their research. Don't know if this applies to any of the ski helmets yet, but it might.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="uktrailmonster" So perhaps H&S is not so bad afterall.[/quote]

Sorry to disagree. But when it gets to the absord i have a problem. eg. At work one day the boss wanted some painting done on the front of the house. Knowing the HSE have banned the use of ladder it was not a problem as he had a nice new tower to put up on the level paito. But O`no as the tower has adjustable legs to allow you to work on area which are not level the painters HSE risk assessement would not allow him to use the tower, even though he was not adjusting the legs. It would mean having to get in scafolders.

How stupied is that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ntfarmer wrote:
Knowing the HSE have banned the use of ladder

What a load of rubbish!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ntfarmer wrote:
uktrailmonster wrote:
So perhaps H&S is not so bad afterall.

Sorry to disagree. But when it gets to the absord i have a problem.

The problem is not usually H&S getting absurd, but people/businesses making false assumptions about what is required, and blaming their own inability to decide on H&S.

Quote:

eg. At work one day the boss wanted some painting done on the front of the house. Knowing the HSE have banned the use of ladder

Wrong. This is absolutely a case in point of what I say above. he diod not know that HSE have banned the use of ladders, he wrongly thought it. they haven't.

Quote:

it was not a problem as he had a nice new tower to put up on the level paito. But O`no as the tower has adjustable legs to allow you to work on area which are not level the painters HSE risk assessement would not allow him to use the tower, even though he was not adjusting the legs. It would mean having to get in scafolders.

How stupied is that.

Totally.

But that is just an example of two people both being stupid. Your boss in thinking H&S had banned something they hadn't, and the painter for apparently carrying out a "risk assessment" without having a clue what that actuially means.

It isn;t the fault of H&S that some people make stupid interpretations of it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ntfarmer, Before HSE, a lot of work environments were pretty barbaric and bosses generally didn't give a crap about employees long term health (or short term in many cases). HSE can be a little frustrating at times, but on the whole it's a very good idea.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mark_s wrote:
ntfarmer wrote:
Knowing the HSE have banned the use of ladder

What a load of rubbish!

From what the consultant that came round, working off ladders is know not allowed, And within REASON this may be a good thing. but may main problem was not the ladder part but not use of a scaffold tower (with adjustiable legs) which are designed for the job.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
consultant X HSE
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I spend approx 500 quid a year on BMC insurance.

I wear a helmet (started this year) on and off-piste.

When I go into the backcountry I wear a transceiver (approx 200 quid), and carry a shovel (approx 40 quid) and a probe (approx 40 quid).

I've spent plenty of money taking avalanche courses & certification, and wilderness first aid & CPR course & certification (approx 1,000 quid).

Why?

Because as Clairol quite rightly put it 'because I'm worth it'.

So to answer your question, No.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy