Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3rd May for a week, which resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I've booked a couple of flights to Geneva for my OH and I for a weeks skiing in May. So far my mind has been set on Tignes as that is where everyone has told me to go for that time of year, and i hear its still snowing there!

But its just occured to me that i don't have to go that resort, so if not, which other resorts could i go to within reach of Geneva??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the French side, most resorts nearer to Geneva will be closed by then, no matter how much snow is still sitting around. Maybe just the Grand Montets in Chamonix will be open. Tignes is probably a better bet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grand Montets @ Chamonix is indeed open until 11.5.08.

IMO that area will be a lot more limited than the area that will be open at Tignes - which also closes on 11.5.08.

I'm skiing 1st-4th May - and it's Tignes/Val D'Isere for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hodude, IMHO (provided things carry on as they are doing and temperatures remain "normal" for the time of year) I would argue that the quality of skiing may be better on the Grands Montets than on the Grand Motte. But I have no idea to be honest of what other skiing is likely to be available in the Tignes system at that point.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tignes will be your best bet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, any idea what will/is planned to be open in Tignes at that point?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch wrote:
mountainaddict, any idea what will/is planned to be open in Tignes at that point?

All the resort is planned to be open. Tignes closes on the 11th May. The Val D conection to Tignes will be closed.

The Grande Motte summer ski area lifts open in June.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are doing a three day short break £79 including transfersw up until 5th May, but will be closing after the bank holiday as the link over to Val closes on 4th. Tignes stays open till 11th though, so I'd say Tignes! The snow is still looking GOOD!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy