Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski passes for La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Can't find a working online site to buy ski passes for La Plagne? (Is it just me?!)

Are there any drawbacks to buying in resort? I haven't a clue where to buy them from. (La Plagne Central)

Do you get fleeced buying them on the coach from the transfer reps?

TIA! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mdemon2, Sometimes, depends who you're travelling with? My experience is pre-booking with TO's you get fleeced, but more accurately priced on the coach. Some TO's are worse than others.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mdemon2, Buy in the resort when you get there. I like popping down to the ticket office Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you!

Am I right in thinking I'll find a ticket office at one of the lifts?

Call me Mr. Thicky, but I've always been handed one in the past by whichever grown-up organised things... Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mdemon2, There is a ticket office in each part of La Plagne. Don't worry you will find one easy. Relax grown ups have been conning you for years that this is hard work, it took them 2 minutes then they skipped of down the pub, came back an hour later claiming there were huge queues. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are trying to get the passes between 9 and 10 am on a sunday morning there are queues in most resorts but nothing horrendous usually. I don't remember anything difficult about La Plagne on my visits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, Apart from the obvious trip to the pub.... is there much difference in the price usually?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charli939, No snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing nuff said
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent. Pass and Pint on the first morning. Smile

(Pass the Pint a little latter in the morning. Unless I have more than one , in which case I might pass the pint of no return...)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mdemon2, Pass too many pints and you might forget to pick up the pass.. Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mdemon2, No drawbacks to buying passes in any resort...other than you still have to pay for them wink
From bitter experience I would say never buy on the coach.Yes,the price will be the same(in euro's)but then most will insist they can only process in GBP and apply 'their' exchange rate.You can imagine what that is like at the moment Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowskisnow, I knew there had to be a catch somewhere along the line
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow, Charli939, and they charge you a fee if you want to pay by credit card but hey you can pop into the lift pass office and pay by credit card for free (no fee Toofy Grin ). Never pay the TO for your lift pass...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, .... unless the advertised price in £'s is a better deal because they set their prices before the exchange rate went south. we saved £30 per person because of it.
snow report
thefatcontroller and holidayloverxx, both good tips - thanks. Shall do research before next Sat and try and beat the system Toofy Grin
snow conditions
mdemon2, Charli939, are u off to La Plagne this Sat ?
ski holidays
helena57, ohhhhh yessssss I am Very Happy Very Happy (my excitement's not showing yet is it?) wink
latest report
ha ! moi aussi ! Very Happy
yes, I feel equally excited but need to stay sensible otherwise I would be on my way to Gatwic now,
I am flying from Gatwic to Grenoble on sat at 11.50
still have to look for the passes and the equipment,
BTW I love your motto, it made face up to some things,
latest report
helena57, Thanks, made me think too, first time I heard it! Know how you're feeling, I have sooo many things to do and all I want to do is look through threads and check out webcams Embarassed Where are you staying? My flights at 10ish so its an early start for me Shocked Very Happy

BTW Welcome to snowHead s
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy