Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of treatment in USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My granddaughter Hannah, had a bad fall with her snowboard at Vail today.
Had to get her stretchered off the mountain and spent an afternoon in hospital.
After examination and X rays; turns out she has strained knee ligaments.
She was given some physio and fitted with a knee brace - cost - $1025 & 50 cents.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Max13biker, all things considered that doesn't sound that bad, glad it's nothing worse than a strain
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That sounds pretty reasonable to me. It's certainly comparable to what I've paid.

My son broke his arm in Canada last year - in a ski resort but not skiing - and the total bill was around $1,500. This might sound steep, but the costs soon add up. He needed initial treatment in our condo and a 15 mile trip in an ambulance which occupied two paramedics for a couple of hours. The accident happened out of hours, so the medical staff would otherwise have been watching the TV at home - a doctor, an anaesthetist and a radiographer would each have submitted three hours overtime to deal with him. Add in the costs of maintaining the hospital facilities and I doubt if the bill covered the cost of his treatment.

Medical treatment isn't cheap to provide, especially in remote areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Breckenridge recently my husband was feeling pretty rough so we decided to go to the medical centre to see a doctor. Just to do that was $400 - $500. We didn't bother as he suddenly felt a whole lot better ! Hope your granddaughter recovers soon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheap

7 stiches in my nose cost me (or more accuractle my insurance co) $800.

I've had similar done on the side of a rugby pitch in the UK for free by the club doc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, Yes but you saved on the anaesthetic Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a similar injury in Austria in march and paid about €600 which worked out about £500 so about the same. The main cost was my knee brace which was €200 and the x-rays which cost €100.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob,

I've had similar done by the side of the pitch by the club vet.

When I damaged my medial collateral ligament in Banff a few years back the doc examined me and gave me a knee brace, but the charge only came to about a couple of hundred bucks.

When I got home and saw my own doctor to arrange for physio, he took one envious look at the knee brace and asked me if I'd like to donate it to the NHS on my recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you have insurance, where is the problem. If it were at home the nhs price would be far better value!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Max13biker, did that cost include the transport off the mountain and to the medical centre? If so, I'd say it was an absolute bargain. Hope she'll make a good recovery. What's the excess on your insurance?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Max13biker, did that cost include the transport off the mountain and to the medical centre? If so, I'd say it was an absolute bargain. Hope she'll make a good recovery. What's the excess on your insurance?

There was no charge for the recovery off the mountain - the guys did a brilliant job getting her down.

I've no doubt that the charges are fair enough it's just that it comes as a bit of a shock. Shocked

The insurance cost me £50 to have her added to my annual insurance and I think it has a £40 excess - so not too bad after all. Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My wife broke her leg in the US whilst skiing. When you added up the hospital bills, the extra seats on the plane home etc the total cost was $16,000 which at the exchange rate then was broadly £10,000, all picked up by the insurance bar the excess of £100. The care received was immaculate.........if you are going to break your leg then doing it in Sun Valley Idaho is not the worst place to do it. Mind you she hasnt been on a pair of skis since
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good news - after a couple of days of bed rest, and the help of a knee brace, she was back on her board again. Laughing

Video clip
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Max13biker, good to hear it. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy