Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne Centre or Tignes this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Boyfriend wants to go to one of the above, I rather like the look of the other. No material difference on price so only criteria are snow, place and runs...

Anyone got any good info to put into the mix about amounts of snow, runs that are open, thoughts on the places themselves? Any idea on how the skiing conditions will be for next week as that's when we will be over there. Will be booking later on today or tomorrow, so speedy answers would really help!

Both of us are happy on reds, but more due to brute force and a JFDI attitude than any sign of technique

Thanks for any help you can give!

Helen

P.S. If the advice of the snowheads massive is that we should go to the place he wants I will obviously abide by that. Gracelessly and through gritted teeth of course, but just thought you should know that your posts will be worthwhile! Obviously should you recommend my choice I will be pointing him gleefully towards this thread... Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HelenM,
They both belong to the neo brutalist school of resort building, with Plagne being a slight winner of the ugly trophy. Both have masses of high decent skiing and if the snow reports are anything to go by you will get plenty of good skiing at both.
Tignes has some tougher pistes than the generally easier runs than La Plagne.

The main thing for me that may alter it is if the weather forecast is for snow or bad weather during your visit I would go for La Plagne as it has much more and better tree lined stuff. Otherwise Tignes is a bit more pleasant than Plagne Centre as opposed to some of the other bits of Plagne IMHO.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenM, Plagne Centre is a specific bit of La Plagne.
Tignes is also made up of a number of villages - your choice might be influenced by which one. I like Les Almes.
In general skiing terms, I look on La Plagne as laid back and cuddly, while Tignes is more boastful and macho.
Both are excellent resorts.
I would go for the best looking/sounding apartment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:

I asked why she was considering Tignes when La Plagne was looking more suitable. And I quote:

"The hotel has a jacuzzi and heated boot locker!"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mdemon2 wrote:
Jonpim wrote:

I asked why she was considering Tignes when La Plagne was looking more suitable. And I quote:

"The hotel has a jacuzzi and heated boot locker!"

It's a CHALET not a hotel, and it's a HOT TUB not a jacuzzi. And boot warmers.

Happiness... Very Happy

(I did think about just booking the Tignes thing this afternoon on the basis that forgiveness is easier to seek than permission, but didn't and want brownie points for that please Very Happy )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if it'w the one I htink it is (the atlas in tignes?), the reviews are not very good - the hot tub is more of a lukewam tub,m the chalet staff are not too great
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy