Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Storage of Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any real need to release the pressure on the springs for storage?

The engineer in me says it is a waste of time taking the DIN settings down on bindings but maybe there is a good reason....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret,
I have heard both sides in relation to this personally I take mine down to 0 relax the tension on the spring but not sure if it would make a huge amount of diffrence in the long run. I am sure racers and their bindings that go to 20 would need to but us mere mortals? While we are at it though how many people actually prep their skis for summer storage? Or is your prep leaving them in a bag with sweaty ski gear for the summer?

Boots; Personally I seperate the insoles and the shells give them a clean with a damp cloth put a cup of Bicarbonate soda in both insoles and shells and stick in the top shelf of the hot press for the summer break.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, I don't bother... I recently tested a set (Solly 912s) that hed been treated as such. They were fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bindings: I leave the DIN settings alone, but store the skis with the bindings in the closed position. I doubt it's all that important.

Skis: I prep the edges and make sure there are no rust spots forming. Then a quick coating of Notwax to prevent any further rust. I don't normally bother with storage wax and I never store them in a ski bag. The worst thing you can possibly do is come back from your last holiday and simply throw the ski bag into the garage. The edges will be in a right old state by the following season if you do this.

Boots: I keep them clipped up with the liners in place and store in a dry dark cupboard. Seems to keep everything in shape.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, Then most important thing is that the skis are exercised at a snowdome or dryslope during the summer. Otherwise they'll forget how to ski. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Then most important thing is that the skis are exercised at a snowdome or dryslope during the summe

Or better yet a Glacier Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't bother about that either and have never had problems before.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski, mrs. skimottaret and skimottaret junior leave their skis here ( yes i am in mottaret at the moment Razz Razz Toofy Grin ) mine do come back for fridge usage....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy