Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need info on Jackson Hole

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're thinking on booking up Jackson Hole next year and would like a little advise from those that have been. We've been to Banff a couple of times now and although we love the place, I would quite fancy trying something new.

How does the town of Jackson Hole compare to say Banff, is it similar in size and ammenities?

What are the trails like there, my wife really likes Lake Louise and Sunshine, but Kicking Horse totally spooked her so we are looking for something not quite so steep!.I board (and occasionally ski), the good lady ski's only, I heard Jackson Hole isn't fully pisted , instead much of it is natural, suits me especially if there is lots of snow but for an intermediate skier may not be the best.

Again, advise, comments etc appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great town, great ski hill. Jackson is as fun as Banff, if not more so. Staying at the base in Teton Village is also a good option as buses/cabs to town are easy.

Jackson is about as 'pisted' as Lake Louise or Sunshine. This is North America 'if you can see it, you can ski it' terrain. Jackson does have some excellent long groomers though, and lots of very wild terrain, not unlike some of LL and Sunshine's steeps but typically with more snow. A decent intermediate will be fine on the groomed, and will especially enjoy a day or two at Grand Targhee.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try posting on epicski.com where there are various Jackson Hole locals who post.

I remember reading that it is predominantly south facing terrain so better in early to mid season than late season....but I have no personal experience as to whether that is right
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go go now Jackson is epic I would agree wiht gortonato that if you are looking for night life and apres stay in Teton there is alot more life there. But for a genuine wild west experience stay in Jackson a proper cowboy wild west town. Some great and high end accomodation to if you are into that kind of thing

Most of the resort is expert to high intermidiate terrain about 60% IMHO. The best of the intermidiary stuff is off the Bridger Gondola enought to keep you busy for over a week. Go now the place is amazing just watch out for the bears! Jackson Hole has all the wildlife that was alive there at the end of the last ice age still living there

Hsappy skiing Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ac505, I go there most years at the moment. There is gnarly stuff to be skied, but for intermediates Aprez Vous Mountain and about half the skiing off the Bridger Gondola is fine. The only lifts you would avoid skiing are the East Ridge Chair - and the Tram when it comes back this winter, as Rendezvous bowl is the only way off the top and is a moderate black. The fun for good skiers in JH is as gortonator says. The runs consist or areas you can see,mainly defined by trees at the edges, rather than piste markers, and there is some great stuff in the trees as well as large areas like the hobacks for powder days. There is also some good lift accessed back country.

There is an article I started about JH in the snowHeads wiki which answers many of your questions I suspect.

Kicking Horse is a great place on a powder day, but perhaps not as well laid out for intermediates as JH. Personally I am not that fond of Banff and prefer JH as a town. Staying at the hill is becoming a more realistic option every year with more hotels there, but I tend to stay in town.

I am pretty biased I guess. This is the place where my kids have learned to ski, and we will be back there again this xmas/new year. Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy