Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the possibility of going to Serfaus next year - but there's so many hotels to choose from on their website I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start! Done a search here but there's not been much written about any hotels.

Main criteria:
    Preferably not family-friendly wink
    Probably a 4 star, 3 star perfectly acceptable
    Centrally located. I understand there's an underground railway thingy for transport to the lifts, and ski/boot storage by the lifts. So it doesn't have to be close to the lifts but close to the railway would be handy.

All and any recommendations gratefully received. English understood by the hotel would be handy but not essential - I can just about dredge up enough O level German to make myself understood Toofy Grin

Anyone know anything about airport transfers?

Oh - and I assume Serfaus is better to stay in rather than Fiss or Ladis?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 1-04-08 7:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, I stayed at the Cervosa which was excellent and very "adulty" - there is a kid-friendly hotel next door. It was a short walk to the underground stop but we tended to only use it to get to the lifts and we walked back. If you use the ski depot system at the lift station (and I suggest you do) you don't need to clog around in boots and carry gear. Other hotel I tried was the Schalber (5*) - had a really great spa but much more pricey.

Yes, I would say Serfaus is best place to stay.

Transfer... got a taxi. Takes about 75 mins max from Innsbruck. I'm sure your hotel will sort that out for you. Can't remember the price but it wasn't scary.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, I stayed in Ladis. Hotel Goies seems to be the one you are looking for.
4 star, 3-minute-walk from the main gondola, only for adults, one of the best spa facilities I have seen in Austria, very good food, staff speak English.
Picturesque village with a castle, a lake, and nice pubs.
Highly recommended if you do not stick to Serfaus.
http://hotel-goies.at/en2/hotel_goies.php
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, thanks for that - although unfortunately both those hotels look a bit pricey. My 5 star taste doesn't stretch to my purse Sad

kerekip, picturesque village with a castle and a lake sounds fab! And the hotel looks good too and a reasonable price. It does say on their website that they don't take credit card but that may be out of date - I'll check it out snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, We stayed at the Hotel Poste**** over half term which is next door to the middle station entrance. Once the novelty wore off however we left our kit at the lift station and walked through the village (very pleasant).
It fits all your criteria except that it is very well set up for kids (we took 8 with us). Most hotels cater for Dutch rather than Brits but they converse in English with them so it is seldom a problem.
The whole resort (which was excellent by the way) is set up for family skiing; I doubt if many of the hotels would be free of kids.
It was probably the best week we have had for 20 years apart from the very long incredibily slow transfer from Munich (nearly 6 hours in a car). If you could get flights to Innsbruck it would be close to the perfect holiday (for a family!!).
The skiing at the Serfaus end of the area is the best and most varied IMO so would be my choice of the three.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
are there any self catering chalets in serfaus 4/5 bedrooms
- thanks for any info
somewhere I'm targetting for our next group trip
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Nick W, the Hotel Post looks pretty good and the price for last Jan (the time of year when we're thinking of going) in our range. They won't have prices for next year until June so I'll enquire again then. Interesting what you say about the better skiing to be had at the Serfaus end, something to bear in mind.

We would be looking to fly to Innsbruck so hopefully have a shorter transfer than 6 hours!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy