Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

video editing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone take videos while they're skiing and make up a "cool" video footage?
What's some of the better software to use out there that you can add effects to and text over the screen, etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iMovie will do everything you want. Final Cut Express (or Pro) if you want to really get your teeth in about it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just started doing this after a recent trip with my new camcorder.
I've transferred the raw footage to a basic DVD with a menu and chapters every 5 minutes.
But I want to edit and make a video of the best bits to music for a 5 minute film.

I have the Adobe Premiere Pro suite of video editing software. It's very very good but needs a lot of pc processing power, and it can seem quite complex to learn and I'm yet to master it so currently spend more time reading help forums online about it that actually using it Shocked
This thing can do just about anything!

i also have used Sony Vegas software which is more user friendly but is not as powerful as Adobe. This is probably the most popular and about 50 quid on Amazon. Probably ideal for newbies (like me), but I've started learning Adobe and I intend to finish!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, will have a look.
Anyone tried Resolume?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does Sony Vegas have effects like being able to slow doen the video, move the view around a still photo/digital image, synching to music, etc.?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use one that is really, really good and dead easy to use.

It's called EditStudio Pro.

It cost me around £40.

I've used it to make various track driving videos. Can't recommend it enough.
Download the free trial and try it out.

Details here:
http://www.mediachance.com/video/index.html

I believe it only works on Windows.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
iMovie / iDVD for me too. Does everything I need i.e basic editing features, adding music, DVD title screens and menus etc. Very easy to use and the end result looks quite professional. Obviously only relevant if you have a Mac handy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman wrote:
Does Sony Vegas have effects like being able to slow doen the video, move the view around a still photo/digital image, synching to music, etc.?

I think so, but I'm still earning the more advanced features. Should you be bored, sample of my simple usage of Sony Vegas on youtube at:

http://youtube.com/v/zcs5Hxyjj5A

http://youtube.com/v/4vumTW1BFks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GordonFreeman - Adobe Premiere Elements gets my vote. All of the power of its big brother without the mind boggling complexity.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stick with Adobe...you only have to import the video and then bash it down onto the timeline/storyline after you have cut/edit the clips as you want. If you want to get fancy then it is quite a lot to learn but basic edits are easy enough. You are right about the resource hog... but if all you want is a basic cut/splice Moviemaker might work for you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a mac and in the past have always been quite happy with iMovie but I need something more powerful now. This season I have several hours of footage so I "borrowed" a version of Final Cut Pro but I'm not sure if it's me or whether or not the "borrowed" version doesn't work properly. I can't seem to capture any of the footage.

Any other recommendations for Mac based software that can easily be "borrowed"?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use Moviemaker and it seems fine. Very logical and does just about everything I seem to need. Its also great fun.

My main problem is choosing the right music !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, How about Final Cut Express? £129 instead of £849 for the Pro version. Out of interest, what features are you looking for that iMovie lacks?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
uktrailmonster, it's mainly to do with work flows, i have loads of clips, intros, fills etc and i need to be able to sort them in to a good system. I like the bin idea of FCPro, will check out FCExpress, thanks...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah, that's where iMovie is a bit weak. It's not great for moving clips etc between different projects (especially the older versions). I don't know what features you lose with FCE over Pro, but let me know when you find out. I might consider this upgrade myself as I'm starting to generate more and more files.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy