Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

austrian resort for mide december 08

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all!! me and 5 mates all either 20 or 21 are looking for an austrian resort for december with brill nightlife and snow. btw we are all boarders! any reccomadations would be helpful thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Top apres-ski resorts in Austria are generally considered to be St Anton & Ischgl - they're also amongst the earlier openers, Ischgl on 1st Dec 2007 & St A on 8th Dec. Have not yet been to Ischgl, but St A was a blast! I don't know which would be better for boarders - hopefully someone else will be along soon. Good hunting! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shaggyofdonny, Mayrhofen seems to be "snowboarding central" these days and you'll approve of the nightlife. You'll need to check out when their season opening week-end is exactly. Would normally be 2nd or 3rd week December. Good thing is that the Hintertux glacier is just 14k up the valley (bus service) to g'tee your snow should there be an iffy start to the season.

Now, don't forget to arrange yourselves sitting down in a row on the blind side of a hump in the piste wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A boarder mate who boards a lot in Austria (lives in Munich) gives Ischgl several big thumbs right up for on and off mountain fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would also recommend Ischgl for early season trips and also for great nightlife. I did a report for it which can be found on the resort reports thread (surprisingly), was Jan 06 I think.

D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dunno about Ischgl in mid-December, but late March it was epic, and nightlife was a fine thing too.

I'll do a trip report soon, but there's lots of pics and reports on my blog - see below (still to be finished!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got to be Ischgl. Got back two weeks ago. Snow conditions were yet again excellent and the apres ski as good as ever. We had a beginner with us and he reckoned he had the most amazing time of his life and he's 41.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why has nobody mentioned SOELDEN yet?!!

Snowsure (2 excellent and quite extensive glaciers) and great nightlife - from rustic restaurants to lap dancing. As lively - if not livelier than - Ischgl or Mayrhofen. Loads of reasonably priced accommodation too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy