Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks Off Piste Val d'Isere/Tignes plus whatother Snowheads are in the area those weeks?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off next Sunday 6th April on the Off Piste course run by Snoworks. Just wondered if any other snowHead were going on that one as well or on any of the other courses running the week after on 13th?

Anyone done their Off Piste course before? Will be fab I'm sure.

snowHead snowHead

Have added the bit about who will be in the area near the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 2-04-08 21:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think GrahamN has done a couple of off-piste (or was it backcountry) courses with them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, only done their big brother courses, the Backcountry (4 times now). It'll be fab - it's great teaching.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GrahamN, Thanks, yeah I've done a couple of other courses before with Inspired to Ski and loved them but not been with Snoworks yet. Will be great!

Brill yes I've read about the Backcountry ones. I considered their Backcountry trip to Gressoney this month but went for the Off Piste to Val instead next week as it was half a days tuition everyday instead of a full day's. I thought the full day tuition every day might be a bit too much for me at the moment and I think it can be nice to have a bit of free ski time in the mornings/afternoons. Am looking at going on the St Anton Backcountry next year.

Which 4 Backcountry trips have you been on GrahamN?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Duplicate post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 30-03-08 22:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
GrahamN, Thanks, yeah I've done a couple of other courses before with Inspired to Ski and loved them but not been with Snoworks yet. Will be great!

I've skied with both (and before they split also with The Ski Company). There won't be much difference in approach or standard of tuition.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another duplicate! Don't know what's wrong with this connection tonight!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, yeah gathered they would be extremely similar. Looking forward to going lots! Especially after all the snow that has come down this last week, hopefully there will be a bit more to come too. The week of the Off Piste there is apparently ISIA/ISTD training also according to the planner so there should be quite a large group of people to chat to.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VolklAttivaS5, twice to Gressoney and twice to St Anton. Snow's better in St Anton (starting to see what's so great about it, although vertical's not great, and no glacier skiing Sad ), hotel spa's better in Gressoney (almost makes it worth going even if there's no snow Wink ).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GrahamN, yeah heard that about St Anton. I'll look forward to that then next year. It was great this year according to their notes on the website. The hotel looked very nice in Gressoney but the single supplement was very expensive, something like £400 ish so that was another reason for going for the Val D'Isere option where I got a single room this time for same money as sharing a twin room. Happy with that. Anyway, have you been on these Backcountry courses 4 years in a row, or over a number of years? Any aspirations to go on the Chile trips? (Going off subject now!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Two years ago Gressoney (first Snoworks course I did), last year both St Anton and Gressoney, this year St Anton only. As for Chile, would love to go on the 9 volcanoes (touring) one - but dates don't really work out for me at present.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just another thought, as I said in my first post I have a course 6th-13th April, but the second week 13th-20th I have at leisure. Are there any snowHead that will be in Tignes/Val d'Isere between 6th-20th April who would like to meet up for a ski especially the second week? Ski ability wise well anywhere on piste pretty much and off piste well who knows what I'll be able to ski after the first week with Snoworks! Very Happy Would be good to meet up with other snowHead in the area at the time.

Thanks

Emma
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VolklAttivaS5, we are in Tignes 5-12th - so probably not very clever in relation to your Snoworks course. Is the course based in Tignes or VDI?

stewart woodward, george_1, spikeyhedgehog and kenzie are all resident in Tignes.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick L, thanks. The course is based in Val d'Isere and the instruction will be Monday 7th-Friday 11th April either in a morning session or an afternoon session and this may swap around mid week. I won't know which session I've got until the Sunday night I don't expect. Yeah, it might be a bit tricky that, although I am in Val d'Isere at leisure the second week and not on a course.

Who is we by the way? You and....?

Thanks for telling me about the other snowHead who are about in Tignes. snowHead

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 3-04-08 17:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
VolklAttivaS5, me and my family and 14 friends (in a chalet).

Don't suppose I'll see you on the slopes as I'm not planning to venture off piste during this week - and I see that you are doing the off piste course. Have a great time.

Do the snoworks instructors have a distinctive uniform does anybody know?
snow report
Hi Nick L, no probably unlikely then especially as you will be based in the Tignes area as well rather than Val D.

Thanks re off piste course! It will be great I'm sure. No, the Snoworks people don't have a distinctive uniform, they just wear their own ski stuff I think. Thinking about it there will be lots of people to ski with that are on the course same week as me and also the second week in the morning/afternoon before/after their ski instruction for the next week's courses.

If there are any Snowheads in Val D'Isere or Tignes the second week 12th-20th April then let me know and perhaps we could meet up for a ski. Not necessarily off piste the second week, all over the mountain. snowHead
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, nbt is out that week I think.
snow report
I'm in Val that week with the family and some friends.
Is nbt, the nbt from stw?
latest report
DaveB, no idea (partly because I don't know what
Quote:

stw

is!)
snow report
It's a very secret and exclusive online club for hairy legged malingerers
ski holidays
Nick L wrote:
VolklAttivaS5

Do the snoworks instructors have a distinctive uniform does anybody know?

Snoworks instructors don't have a distinctive uniform just a distinctive way of skiing wink Very Happy
snow report
stewart woodward, are you working that week with Snoworks? I know you're on their website as one of their instructors they work with?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
stewart woodward, are you working that week with Snoworks? I know you're on their website as one of their instructors they work with?

I will be in Val D working with some clients but not snoworks. Maybe will c u for a beer though if you are not too tired wink Blush
latest report
DaveB, yes, and I have a C1XV t-shirt too. Smile

VolklAttivaS5, Yes I'm in Tignes that second week, We'll be in the curling in Val Claret. We're hoping to get one day off piste if conditions allow, but several days will be spent pottering around the pistes
ski holidays
Yes that would be lovely thanks stewart woodward, I will be there the first week w/c 6th with Snoworks and the week after w/c 13th at leisure. Where do you normally go for a beer after the days skiing has ended and approx what time? I may well have some other Snoworks people with me too whoever they may be!

Thanks

Emma
snow report
nbt, Hello there. Are you going with Mrs nbt or is there a group of you? I will be pottering around the pistes somewhat also the second week depending on how I get on with the Off Piste course the first week! My legs might want piste by then or they might want off piste. Who knows! I have a mate joining me for the second week potentially also although he will be staying elsewhere in Val D'Isere. I will be at the Chalet Hotel Cygnaski that Snoworks sort out for their accomodation that week.
snow report
nbt wrote:
DaveB, yes, and I have a C1XV t-shirt too. Smile

Top man,

Ski slopes, drink beer,talk dangly bits. Very Happy
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, You would be more than welcome to join us. Currently there are 5 of us - Mrs NBT and me, Another couple, and a single chappie. I'll PM you some contact details

ANd while I'm on here - has anyone done the Tour de la Tarentaise? Where does it normally start, and what's the route like? I see from the page here http://www.tignes.co.uk/ev2_lessons.htm that it's "not recommended for boarders" - which is a bummer as Rod the Boarder and I are looking to a day off piste and that sounds great. Alternatively, any other recommendations as to suggested Itineraries, guided or otherwise, would also be welcomed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jeebus, but google is quick. It'd already indexed the post above!
latest report
nbt, Ok I'll look out for your PM. Cheers. What date you going out? Sat 12th or Sun 13th?

Hey if you're interested me and my friend Kim (a man) who is hopefully coming out the second week have discussed going on an off piste guiding session and splitting the cost between us, or joining a guided group that is already going to reduce the cost. I'd be interested in what you are up to with Rod with regards to the Off Piste day out as maybe we could join you? Would prefer guided so they can show us all the good places to go to.
latest report
nbt wrote:
has anyone done the Tour de la Tarentaise?

Kramer did it last season, with EV2 IIRC.
snow conditions
nbt, the Tour de la Tarentaise depends very much on what the rest of your group is like, and as ever what the snow conditions and weather is like.

The first stretch to La Plagne involves a lot of poling and traversing. There's something like a 5km stretch along a cross country ski track at the very end. After that I dropped out, and resolved to get fitter, hence my new self this year. Embarassed

Then it's the North Face of Bellecote, which I believe is a 2000m vertical pitch at about a 40+ degree gradient for a large amount of it, then the last one is the Aguile Rouge (may be wrong) down to Villaroger, which I believe can also be described as 'sporty' to quote achilles. wink

For me last year, fitness was definitely an issue. Hence buying the mountain bike when I got back. Laughing I shall be going back next time I'm in Tignes.
snow conditions
nbt, rob@rar, Have had a look at the EV2 link for Tour de la Tarentaise and that looks good actually. That would probably answer my question on the other thread about the off piste guiding although someone has already mentioned Evolution 2. Quite nice to go to a couple of the other resorts and its not all off piste either, a mix of both. Great! snowHead
ski holidays
Kramer, ah just read your thread after I posted mine. If you had been fitter would you have enjoyed it? Did you and some of them skate across the flat sections?
latest report
When the double decker was working, you always had the option to drop out when you got to La Plagne, and then ski on piste to Les Arcs, and then onto Villaroger, but that wouldn't be an option this year.

My ski buddy, who's a very good skier, very fit, and a bit nuts, absolutely loved the whole thing. The other four in our group were a guy from our hotel, who was literally a broken man after the North Face of Bellecote, and then a Canadian ski instructor, his French wife (who was an ex sponsored Salomon extreme skier Shocked ) and an older French friend of theirs who was apparently the father of the then female world freestyle skiing champion or similar. To say that the group was a little fast for me and the other chap from our hotel would be a bit of an understatement, and that's the one criticism I would lay at Evo 2, that in their eagerness to sell the trip, they put a group together that was not really appropriate.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, We're flying out Sat 12th. You have a PM

Kramer, Thanks for that. My fitness isn't exactly brilliant either, and I can see why a 5km flat walk might not be great for boarders. Might have to reconsider that one.

right I must give admin a bell. back later
snow conditions
Kramer wrote:
a guy from our hotel, who was literally a broken man after the North Face of Bellecote,

Laughing
snow conditions
nbt, the amount of mountain biking that I assume that you do, I would think that your fitness woud be ok. Mine's not brilliant, although miles better than last year, and I reckon I'd be ok this year.
ski holidays
I've not done much at all over the past few months, Mrs NBT's not been too well (diagnosed as Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome) and hasn;t been up to riding much - thus I haven;t had the incentive to go out and have been doing DIY instead. It's all fun in the NBT household, I'll tell you!
latest report
rob@rar, I sat in the restaurant at the Les Arcs side of the double decker (having fallen down the steps twice on my way in there) wondering whether I'd made the correct decision to drop out. One look at that guy and I knew that I had. Shocked Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy