Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Risers for snowboards

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Every so often I have some toedrag on my board, I could have got a wider board I suppose, but I figured it would be fine and I prefer thinner boards. Are risers effective? Do they in any way change your riding experince?
Also, who makes risers, and wheree can they be purchased? I know they exist but can't seem to find them anywhere. Or do they only come with specific boards/bindings, and can't be added on?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a big foot as well (UK12/US13), though I've only ever ridden wide boards, so don't know much about riser plates. From what I have read though people who have used risers are pretty happy with them.

If you want to do a search on them, the Burton risers are called the Elevator. The Palmer Power Link system is also pretty popular I think. K2 do a board with a built in riser on it called the Recon Riser (IIRC). I don't know if they do seperate risers though. Palmer and Burton are both American companies, but I don't know about availability in Canada.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply. I have just widened my stance a little, and this has allowed me to comfortably put my feet on a bit more of an angle. I have not had toedrag problems since. However, not yet totally used to the new stance. If it ends up not working out for me, I will certainly pick up one of those two risers. I could always have them shipped to family in the US, and then have them mailed to me, if I cannot find them in Canada. Though there is so much Burton stuff all over Canada that I can probably find them here.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy