Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for budget week's skiing please? From Sat 5th April...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Calling all SnowHeads!

Last minute possibility has arisen for the two of us to go skiing - we only have one slot from 5th April for the week though.

Any suggestions? Just done a week in Les Arcs so now properly skint - hence "budget"!

Can fly from any of the usual suspects, and would consider train if it made things much cheaper...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help! Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what do you mean by budget? 250 quid 400 quid, 600 quid?

Generally speaking you'll probably need to
a) either grab a last minute on a website like ifyouski, but following last weekends dump I can't imagine the 'late' deals are that great - although a quick look has given

http://www.ifyouski.com/abs/information.asp?offerid=171281003&pax=2&searchdate=05/04/2008 which is 340 for 3valleys which can't be to shabby..

OR

b) DIY - get some flights with ryaniar/stelios and then sort own transfer and do some self-catering appartment for a week. You probably want to avoide the 'major league' resorts, as things like lift pass tend to be more expensive.

Ryanir for example have flights to friedchicken for 80 incl taxes which is good for Stanton. BA can do you LHR to Munich (Kitbuhl etc) for 140 return.

Do some seaching on this forums and see what's possible..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly to Innsbruck, get a cheap B&B, do local resorts or take train day trips to the surrounding resorts (for example St Anton only 1 hour away and about £12 return on the train) to get the most out of the conditions in the region.

Similarly do the same with Salzburg

Do a week in Morzine or somewhere like that and get the cheapest accom you can get.

Book a cheapie last minute with the agents to Bulgaria Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are chalets advertised in Val D'Isere for £499 that week (including travel and half-board). I'm almost tempted to go myself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks all! Some great suggestions. Will follow them up and see what's best.

Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mdemon2, There is a Youth Hostel in Davos, there is Gite Vagabond in Chamonix which is very cheap, the latter I have stayed at and it is good. These options generally are the best for cost saving.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rich.ll wrote:
There are chalets advertised in Val D'Isere for £499 that week (including travel and half-board). I'm almost tempted to go myself.

Oooooooooooh, where have you seen that... sounds interesting to me too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HelenM wrote:
rich.ll wrote:

Wanna come too?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mdemon2 wrote:
HelenM wrote:
rich.ll wrote:

Wanna come too?

Tart. Trying to pick up women on the internet. I might really be called Hans.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I might really be called Lotte. Match made in Heaven! Wink

Do you come with your own Leiderhosen? (sp!) Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HelenM,

I saw the deal I mentioned with the chalet operators Skibeat (look on www.skibeat.co.uk), but I saw similar offers looking on www.igluski.com .

I've now booked to go with Skibeat to Val D'Isere on April 5. When I booked (at about 1pm on Saturday) I was the first person in that particular chalet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fly to salzbug and stay at http://www.austrian-adventures.com/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There still seems to be 3 (of the 5) rooms available in the chalet in Val D'Isere if anyone's interested Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skibeat have also just started offering 'no single supplements' for 12th April at least (not sure about the 5th)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy