Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad toe make skiing a misery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When i was about 14 (and still growing) my big toe on my right foot started clicking which was really annoying. After a few months I went to a doctor who recommended an osteopath, which I went to. He didnt seem to get my problem, and simply massaged that foot!

If that wasn't a waste of money, then this was: he kinda pulled my left big toe, maybe to exercise/stretch it. Ever since he did that though, my left big toe has clicked! What I want to know is if anyone has had any similar experiences/can suggest whether its his fault my left toe clicked, or if its a coincidence because I was still growing..

Thanks! If I didn't have this skiing would be so much more fun, but maybe i just have to put up with it? i'm not going back to a doctor again after my experience!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And you'ld rather trust in a motley assortment of non medical opinions Shocked
At least your balanced now, both toes clicking
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a similar thing with my left big toe - it started clicking when I broke it playing on the stairs (I never believed my parents about playing on the stairs before this!). It now clicks on a regular basis and occasionally dislocates. I found that buying my own ski boots helped a bit, they are much better than hire ones. However, I didn't get them properly fitted (moulded etc), but have been advised to do so, maybe you could think about your own custom fit boots. Otherwise maybe try bandaging it to keep it still?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Clicking? Perhaps if you wore earplugs you wouldn't hear it?

If you could explain how it is making skiing a misery.... You shouldn't be getting movement of your toe in the boot - or is it pressing too tightly or what? If so you can get the boot "blown out" at that point (they soften the plastic with heat and push it out to make more room). Or if you have room for your foot to move, your boot is too loose (and certainly there shouldn't be room to bandage it!!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bod8, Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier, Shhhhh, I think he is still asleep.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy