Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plage

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the Les Neriedes apartments and if so how were they? Also if anyone has used Oxygene ski lessons what they were like.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski - happy, Welcome Cool There is a 'n' in Belle Plagne. Haven't used either but know Belle Plagne to ski around and you have chosen a fantastic location. Great location for getting around the La Plagne area. When are you going?

If you look here you apartment is number 13

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/belle-plagne.phtml
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

thank u very much - that looks ideal for us! We r going on 5th April - so hopefuly there will b ok snow! Stayed in Plagne Centre last time, so have a rough idea of the area but never got to Belle Plagne. Had great time last year even with slush and ice so hopefully we will have better luck with the snow this time!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski - happy, 5th is only a week away it will be brillant. Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski - happy, myself and 4 friends stayed at Les Neriedes in January in an apartment for up to 6/7 people, I think. It seemed to be reasonably newly furnished, and was in good condition. We had two single sofa beds in the living room/kitchen, a double bedroom, bunk beds round the end of a coridoor, but without a separate door (no idea why), and two showers & toilets.

The entrance is right on the piste that goes down to Plagne Bellecote, and right next to the ESF meeting place/office. Convenience-wise it was fantastic. The only curious thing was that the ski locker only had racks for 5 sets of boots, and was always challenging to get 5 sets of equipment in, but they were all the same size, so if you are a smaller group you should be fine. It's near the top of Belle Plagne, which is quite steep, so you should get some good workouts walking around Smile

I really should get around to writing a trip report... but I'm too busy looking forward to going to Tignes on the 5th!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great - do u know how far away the ski set is from the apartments? Also we r having to collect are ski passes from a ticket office?
Any ideas where and what that is?
Did you use there meal cards when you went, as we have orderd them but had nothing through yet?

Hope u have a gd time in Tignes - i think the snow is pretty good all round at the moment! Fingers crossed!

thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jcbaragorn wrote:
ski - happy,. It's near the top of Belle Plagne, which is quite steep, so you should get some good workouts walking around Smile

Don't forget Belle Plagne's 2 best kept secrets - the free lifts (elevators) from the bowling alley up to the top Spar and from the Mercure up to Themis - saves a lot of climbing steps if you're carrying skis or walking in ski boots Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hywel, yes, those lifts are great - they can take forever to come, but it's worth it.

We booked the passes at the same time as the apartment, so just picked them up from reception on our first morning. Don't know anything about meal cards, sorry. A useful map of Belle Plagne can be downloaded from this location
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From what I remember the ticket office is only a short walk from your apartment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you so much for your responces.

The map is very useful and is the best one i have seen so far!

Good to know about the lifts - will make a big difference at the end of a long day skiing!
Do you know if the gondola from Plagne Bellcote to Belle Plagne opens late so you can get between the too or do you have to get the bus?

Thanks alot!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski - happy, the gondola runs during the evening too, not sureuntil how late though. There's some nice restaurants down at Bellecote.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski - happy, I think the Gondola runs until 0100.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great thanks alot that will be very usuful, as probably quicker than getting the bus.
I am getting into the resort at about 7:15pm do you have any idea if i will b able to get my ski passes from the ticket office when i get there or will i need to wait until the morning?

Thanks for all your help!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski - happy, I should imagine they will be shut by then. They will open at 8 or 8.30 thoiugh, as ski school starts early in Belle Plagne.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you very much, im all right in regards to ski school as am having lessons with oxygene who dont start until 10, it was just i have experienced queues for ski hire first thing in the morning and didnt want to run out of time!

Thanks
ski holidays
Do you know where we will be droped offer by our taxi in Belle Plagne, when we are staying in Les neriedes. If you do, will we go passed either the lift pass office or ski set 2.

Thanks for your help
snow conditions
Our taxi (privately arranged) dropped us off ouside Les Neriedes entrance in the underground carpark. Belle Plagne is a pedestrian resort on the surface so even if the taxi stopped off nearer the village centre in the underground parking, it would be a similar-length walk to the one from Les Neriedes.

The easist way to get from Les Nerides to the village centre is to ski there... but then you need equipment to do that Toofy Grin It's a small place, though, so nowhere takes long to walk to.
latest report
We had private lessons with oxygene last week in la plagne. The standard of teaching was very high and all the instructors have good english.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy