Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Banff in 8 days.

Anyone there now can give the lowdown on the weather and conditions?

It looks very cold on snow-forecast.com

Thanks. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
6 days now...

anyone else out in Banff next week or there now to give some feedback.

Cheers. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunshine is good as ever, due to colder than normal temperatures and new snow from a storm early last week. Still quite a thin snow pack on some steeper runs though, watch for rocks especially on goats eye.

Louise I've heard is struggling due to lack of new snow and warm temperatures lower down over the last few weeks. Back bowls are probably still ok though.

If you can spare a day get over to kicking horse, they're staying open an extra week because of the current good conditions. Or if you have even more time head to Revelstoke (brand new unreal ski hill), I was skiing fluffy powder there this weekend, and its forecast to stay cold for a little while longer...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Tree Hugger.

Looks like it might start snowing again Mon/Tues next week in the Bnaff resorts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're off to banff tomorrow Very Happy

Anyone there with an update?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Back from Sunshine yesterday. It was snowing as we left - still cold and good conditions everywhere. Goat's Eye chutes a bit marginal but Delirium Dive and Wild West both open, which means that snow cover must be pretty good (we aren't bold enough to tackle them ourselves). Much of the riding was awesome. But the weather in April can change quickly and you might find typical spring freeze-thaw conditions within days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just received a facebook of a buddy in Banff...

""Dude you have no idea how much Sunshine rocked today!! Paul, Nick and I got to the moutain at 11 (only just opened) and it had snowed 42cm since 04:00 and by 15:00 had done 55cm, forecast is for 40cm tonight and was dumping when we left!!. Snow was not wet at all coz it was fecking freezing and mountain was deserted so skiied some truly amazing poo-poo, went up divide and skiing down we were literaly choking - forget face shots, with the slope angle the snow was nipple hight everywhere but anything less than a black just wasn't worth going near coz you just stand still. Getting first bus tommorow and have a set of Gotamas out!! Just wish that You, Reid, Tokyo e.c.t. were here to ski it with us.""
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rossfra8, amazing ... we are heading out to Banff next February, can't wait-thanks for the report, it's wicked that it's still snowing wink sounds like ur mate is having a blast! NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry I have been absent for a while, too much work and you can guess where I go if I get any free time. Conditions were still good on Saturday thanks to the enormous dump the week before and sub zero temperatures all week. It was warm on Saturday, about 5 degrees and very sunny, but still hardly any sign of slush apart from the bottom half of the ski out. I'm certainly going to get at least another couple of days in before the end of the season so I'll try to report incase anyone is interested.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
solarfish,

Yep, keep the reports coming. Tempted to do a trip next year
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I think I may even take a day off this week if the forecast is accurate. Not bad for the penultimate week of the season eh?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
solarfish, didn't see that one coming!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rossfra8 wrote:
solarfish, didn't see that one coming!!

Snow forecast has reduced a little Sad but still 42cm between now and Friday morning with a maximum temp of -2C. Then on Friday we have sunshine with -5C. Sounds perfect, a day off on Friday is certainly on the cards Cool. Also, looking at the web cams today the place is deserted during the week snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Absolutely dumping snow at the moment snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
solarfish, I envy you.
snow report
This is getting crazy, 45cm fallen today already and it is showing no signs of easing off at all. Another 25cm forecast overnight. This could turn out to be the biggest dump of the year and it is mid May! I really think I need to get up there tomorrow.
ski holidays
solarfish, is goatseye opening again tomorrow?
ski holidays
WOW! Wish i was there.

over a foot of snow in the last 24hrs.

Rossfra8, the skibanff website says it is opening Very Happy

grab your planks and get up that hill!
ski holidays
Rossfra8, Yes Goats Eye is open today. It finally stopped snowing here this morning, well over 3 feet in the end. Power was knocked out for about 4 hours and I have spent some time shovelling out the drive way. A massive snow plough came up our road and got stuck, we had to dig it out. It is by a long way the biggest snowfall we have seen here, what month is it?

It looks like I won't be able to get to the hill today, but to be honest I would expect that the access road is absolute carnage as it won't have been ploughed yet and all the usual morons will be trying to get up it in their little front wheel drive cars with no chains or winter tires. However I will be there over the weekend as we have booked in to the Sunshine Inn tomorrow night.

Edit: correct stupid use of 'there' in place of 'their', the very same thing I had to pull my eight year old son up on the other day! Embarassed

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 9-05-08 18:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Rossfra8, don't want to upset you further, but after bright sunshine first thing this morning, the temperature has dropped, it has clouded over and snow is starting to fall again!
ski holidays
solarfish,

Love The Sunshine Inn Very Happy
snow report
solarfish, lucky f*ck!r
snow conditions
solarfish, was the dive open? or goatseye farside for that matter.... you have no idea how jealous i am. snowHead snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy