Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I suck at skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Had an amazing day yesterday. In the morning I skied with friends and in the afternoon hooked up with a couple of little rippers, one of which was Rungsp's offspring. I shall post a TR when I get a chance. The boys pointed out I suck at skiing and should learn to turn. The tracks on the far right are mine (5 turns?)...

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parlor, Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, You are just too old man. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks to me like everone else was too scared to go fast Very Happy

those are the kind of trns i like, big fast swoopy turns... often hurts more when you fall though - thems the risks we take.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
turning is one of those things that you learn as an intermdiate that you then have to unlearn if you want to progress
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor, your tracks are vastly superior.. those little twisty farming the powder things should be banned.. its all about speed and kicking up huge plumes .. try boarding everyone will think your a face!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, Uncanny, we went to Avoriaz yesterday, skied some nice stuff, upon looking back up the hill, my ski buddy exclaimed "You need to ski properly, every turn is important, you get more out of the snow." I was putting in 1 turn to his 14. Puzzled Cool Twisted Evil Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't gloat about getting fresh tracks, its not nice. and saying oh my god i'm so terrible at skiing is a really c**p way of trying to get praise. OMG I wish i was as good as you!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
johndoe, welcome to the board! Don't worry I get enough praise from my sponsors...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, And a warm cup of soup, a dry blanket and a place to stay for the night.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johndoe wrote:
Don't gloat about getting fresh tracks, its not nice.!

So, just for you...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
30/40 turns too many? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, three turns and clipping each end of the picture would be better wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, CANV CANVINGTON, Laughing (I was going to ask what the point of all those turns was, when the photo appeared on another thread, but didn't dare! Embarassed)
latest report
Hurtle, Bouncing around like a 'Bunny with Turrets' can be a nice feeling, in the narrowest and steepest places.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Sure, but it doesn't look terribly steep and it certainly isn't narrow. But then I guess these rather poor skiers have to practise somewhere! rolling eyes wink wink
snow report
I wouldn't say poor skiers, but that helmet isn't being worn for the fear of tumbling, more for the fact that some 'loon' on Tele's might come screaming past like a Peregrine Falcon taking it's Pigeon from the air. Twisted Evil Laughing
snow report
years ago on skinny skis
Quote:
Bouncing around like a 'Bunny with Turrets'
was the accepted (only) way to ski powder, and I think many people still ski that way. It's one thing I've been working on, ie opening up the turns and letting the skis run, it's certainly a very different experience.....
ski holidays
kitenski, You'd come to a stand still with anything wider the 95mm.
snow report
The photo above was shot on Barry's Bowl, a few years ago I skied it with an Aussie friend of mine who billy goated all the way down. 62 turns! I straight lined it, top to bottom, no turns. When we finished he was laughing at me, saying I wasted it all. I asked him why he had put in so many turns, apparently, he always wanted to make one of those 80s post card lines... Still, he's back in Australia and his 62 powder turns have to last him a few more years. Me? I'll ski it again next week after the next dump. Straight line it switch maybe? (I wouldn't actually make it all the way down mind).
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/dZ9xwKx4EcU
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

I wouldn't say poor skiers

'twas a jest. rolling eyes
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/dZ9xwKx4EcU
GREAT vid - music included! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Each to their own, some people like doing nice long carves on piste others do short turns.. same applies in powder. I personally prefer the long turns which get you more speed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy