Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Still Paying for my Feb car hire in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received a £400 bill for damage to my rental car - Hertz. Basically they say it was damaged. I say it happenned after it was dropped it off and they didn't check - I'm right btw - thing was in perfect condition. But since as they as so busy they didn't leave the desk to check - looks like some stuck a baggage trolley into the side of it.

Any thoughts - currently seeing if my credit card company can fight it for me. Anyone had similar experience - if you're renting a car next week make sure you get it checked before you give it back!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They signed off on your contract and accepted it as in good condition. End of story.

(ok, send a copy of the signed off rental contract to the credit card company)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boyo, FWIW, having heard similar storied from other travellers, I now take digital photos of any rental car as I leave it (perferably with the airport in the background of some). A bit late for you I know
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always photograph any hire car at the time I hand it in, sad maybe, but evidence for the future.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bit late for you, but if you hire cars a lots , take out a third party insurance to cover excess. £50 a year for europe but it saves you from being stitched up by the hire car companies

www.insurance4hirecar.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dz4d1v, that link arrives at a link farm and, as far as I can see, there's only one company offering short term rental car insurance... and that's for UK only and UK registered cars only. Got any more info?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.insurance4carhire.com/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
all the rights words but all in the wrong order. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, thanks. That seems to be a worthwhile 50 quid at first glance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll check my paperwork and get back in touch with my Credit Card company ... and next year I take photos!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother wrote:
I always photograph any hire car at the time I hand it in, sad maybe, but evidence for the future.

Good tip. Haven't in the past, and haven't had a problem. But in the light of what's been written here, I will in the future.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have your camera handy when you collect the car. I've taken digital photos and gone back to a hire desk with the evidence, to have damage (scratches and dings) added to the booking sheet rolling eyes My view, you accept a car with damage, it becomes your damage.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Assuming you booked with a credit card offering car rental insurance, hand the problem over to them indicating that it was in perfect shape when you returned it and had it signed off. They will handle it from then on.

I had something similar happen once and it was painless.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just heard that I've got off a parking ticket thanks to a snap on my mobile.

I'd left a note on my dash about the faulty parking meter but took a photo just in case.

The council took it through three increases of fine and two appeals before finally accepting the photo evidence!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont wrote:
http://www.insurance4carhire.com/

Plus £10 cash back if you go via quidco
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy