Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nutters you meet on skiing holidays.

Poster: A snowHead
Inspired by Mark Hunter's thread.

When staying in Crest Voland in 2002 we were teamed up with another young pair of students for the quiz in Les Bartivelles. On the music round they played the theme tune to Minder. The bloke insisted it was the theme tune to Blossom!!! We out voted him an got it correct, however he insisted in was the theme tune to Blossom.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, I only meet nutters on cycling holidays. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman,

Yeah, cyclists are mental, especially the ones who want to cycle the North Coast of Ireland in March wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/VHM6dTn5om0

http://youtube.com/v/ENI-uhii2zo&feature=related
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, I thought you might bring that up! Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I met a bloke who insisted his kids skied without socks. Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My worry would be that he had actually heard of Blossom and why would he have watched it anyway judging from the youtube clip.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman, what in earth was his justification?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JP,

We thought that too. I know it may seem a bit random, but the guy went on about it all night and insisted everyone else in the bar was wrong. He wasn't even drunk.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher, I don't know. It might have been a punishment for forgetting socks or maybe the boots were too small. Anyway, he was in a foul mood and I didn't want to get involved or even stick around in the hotel boot room.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, Christopher, I was sold a (fantastically uncomfortable) pair of boots by a bloke in Banff who reckoned he skied without socks, and had to oil his feet to get them into his boots (I should have read the warning signs, shouldn't I?). If I see him again, he'll be wanting to oil my boots, as I shall shove them up his bottom.
In case you're worrying, I replaced them with a comfy pair.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 25-03-08 22:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My favourite nutter was a Dutch guy called Henk who spent the whole time in the hotel chatting up the hotel staff, generally making friends with the guests... but never actually skiing despite always being dressed in his ski gear.... maybe he didn't like snow?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've met a few nutters, but hardly surprising as I bring my own nutter along with me........... rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont,

True.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One consolation is that you could ski all season knowing that at least you will not meet DG in the mountains.
snow conditions
I think the guy I saw skiing Abricotine in PDS the other week with a baby in a back-pack must have been a nutter. The poor little thing's head was shaking about all over the place and I hate to think what would have happened if somebody had crashed into them Shocked
snow report
johnboy, most of the nutters I meet on skiing holidays tend to be in the same party as me Wink
latest report
ecsleath, We saw exactly the same thing in Sunshine a couple of weeks ago!! We didn't think it was that good an idea either.
snow conditions
laundryman wrote:
johnboy, I only meet nutters on cycling holidays. wink

on my last skiing trip we stayed just outside Bourg d'Oisans and there was a guy there who cycled up to Alpe d'Huez (ie the well known stage of the Tour de France) every morning, skied all day, then cycled back down. definitely nutter tendencies but other than this he was a very nice bloke
latest report
Our Group are normally the nutters people are talking about wink Meet a great scot last year, cattle farmer who was a first timer his wife and kids where all comfortable skiers and in he went into ski school! Took to it very well but best thing was seeing him ski in cowboy boots and hat Very Happy Made the holiday
snow conditions
Arno,

That's nuts. Maybe he just wanted to maximise his vertical?
ski holidays
Nutter is a synonym for loser.
ski holidays
johnboy, also, no transfer bus for him. he cycled to and from the airport too
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy