Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade Advice Please!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Forgive me as I am a serial lurker that only occasionally posts. However, I am moved to posting as a result of arriving in Radstadt today and being enirely spoiled for choice. My family and I will be on "a" mountain first thing tomorrow morning but the vexing problem that I have is "which" mountain? We all want to be maximising the powder options available as it has been chucking it down for most of the day but would appreciate a little bit of local knowledge to assist with our decsion on where to ski tomorrow!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Shocked

JC
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you're after, some off piste deep powder then can't go far wrong with Zauchansee, if it's piste miles then either Flachau/Wargrain or the 4 linked hills of Schladming (from weat to east :reiteralm, hochwurzen, planai and haus) Do enjoy as I'm stuck in UK now after spending most of the winter in ski amade
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, I have seen lots of your excellent posts on this area and have often read them with a degree of envy. I am considering Zauchensee as I have only heard positive comments about the place. Unless I hear otherwise then thank you for your comments and Zauchensee it is!! Incidentally, is it easily linked with Flachauwinkl?

JC
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clem156, Zauchensee is the best option. Free skibuses run from Altenmarkt to Zauchensee.

The link between Zauchensee and Flachauwinkl is a funny, train-like vehicle running often in the high season.
Flachauwinkl is directly linked with Kleinarl. They are linked with lifts. Nice, long and wide pistes there, but these three resorts may be too much for a day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we stayed in Radstadt at flangesax's place we'd:-
Get the bus to the Radstadt ski area, take the gondola up to the top
Turn right at the top and ski down to Altenmarkt (maybe a lap or 2 of the chair at the top to warm the legs up)
From the bottom of Altenmarkt get the free shuttle bus up to Zauchensee
Go up the front of Zauchensee, and then ski down the other side to the bottom (Red 15 I think??)
Get the train (tractor in fancy dress) link under the road to Flachauwinkl.
Ski Flachauwinkl.

Sounds a bit of a slog but it isn't really. Alternatively you can get a taxi straight there or I think the buses from the Post Office link up various places too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It all depends on how long you are staying. We were in Altenmarkt for the new year. Had a glorious time. Radstadt and Altenmarkt are linked and so I would spend he day on that mountain. The next day, get the bus up to Zauchansee, spend the day there. Following day again up to Zauch. You can ski down to Flachauwinkel. A lovely long blue (/redddish) run to the bottom and get the tractor to Flachau. There is a full day skiing on that side.

Oh and Flangesax would recommend you go toboganning in Radstadt
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All

I'm seriously considering Ski Amade for next years group trip and have been looking this morning at a few of the options for setting up camp for the week, but have a few questions....

Due to the commitments of various people in the group, we would not be able to go until March - how much of Ski Amade is likely to be skiable in March and how much might be slush given the low altitude (i know that a lot of this depends on conditions at the time, but have also heard that snow making is very good in these areas).

How much of a pain in the backside is the travelling about on buses when all you want to do is Ski?

How good is the bus network between the resorts? Do the buses get hammered busy?

Cheers!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

We have lived here for three season and even last year we were skiing until April 15th. Obviously the snow should be better in early March then late. But saying that last week we had better skiing then most of February some of the best skiing of the season.!!! I have been skiing today and our resort has 230cm of snow on the mountain-however the snow is getting slushy on the lower slopes after midday. It is still possible to ski down to the village level. If you need further advice please get in touch. We live in muelhbach and run a small apartment house.

Nigel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy