Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wengen transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

3 of us are thinking of heading for Wengen 27/3 for 4 nights.
Flying to Basel in the evening (21:35 i think) and driving hire car, so we may miss the last train up to wengen.

Does anyone know if we could arrange a taxi and the cost from Lauterbrunnen car park ?

What are the conditions like haev we timed it right ?

Thanks
Charlie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You won't be able to arrange a taxi... it's the train up to Wengen or a long hike, no other way in I'm afraid.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here is the page that links to the timetable for the Jungfrau region trains (including Lauterbrunnen to Wengen).

The last train from Lauterbrunnen departs at either 2340 or 0050 (my Swiss German's not quite up to working out when the 0050 trains run...)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charliecolson, I'm afraid that the last train on the 27th that can get to Wengen is at 23.40 from Lauterbrunnen getting in at 23.54, I really wouldn't reccomend trying to find your way up the footpath at night as it's unlit for most of the way, there's no way that you could drive from Basle to Lauterbrunnen in under 2 hours either, your best bet would be to not bother with a hire car and instead get a cheap hotel room in Basle on the night you arrive then take the train from Basle at 04.54 am the next morning and be in Wengen at 08.18 in time for breakfast
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forget the footpath - took us just shy of an hour to walk down.
I'd suggest kipping over in hotel anywhere along route between Basel and Interlaken. Traffic is worst between Basel and Berne in my experience to the extent that it can be a carpark during waking hours, so maybe crashing in a hotel near Interlaken would be best, one that allows late arrival of course, then proceed up to Wengen in the morning.
Tempted to do this myself for a 3 day weekend before the end of season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
charliecolson,there's no way that you could drive from Basle to Lauterbrunnen in under 2 hours either,

O RLY wink sub 2 hours is possible but ideally you want a car that isn't traceable back to you. wink Personal best from zurich airport - lauterbrunnen is 1 hour 13 Laughing All that lewis hamilton stuff is finished now with the swiss car Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh and btw, there's no snow here at all, nothing. It's not snowed for weeks maybe months, and we have sharks here, big ones.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, Ok sub 2 hours is posible but not legally and certainly not at night on an unfamiliar road....

Quote:

and we have sharks here, big ones.

Well I guess thats what you get due to global warming Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charliecolson,

I'd echo what DGO and Andy have advised. Don't take the car, rail to Interlaken book into a cheap hotel and go out for a nice meal. Take the train the following morning from Interlaken to Wengen.

Skibb
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy