Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiboots please help :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, i am new to this exellent forum. I am looking for an advice on skiboots. I am 38, have been ski 5 weeks and will problaly ski for 2 weeks a year. Two years ago i bought a pair of Nordica easy move boots with flex 60 in size 28.5. After beeing skiing alot this year i wanted new boots, so i went to my lokal shop. First of all, my botts were way to big, having only size 26.5 and not 28.5. After trying allmost 15 pairs, the Salomon impact 8 was the absolute best fitting boot. I was told not to worry about the flex 90 for my skills, but fter coming back home, i checket Salomons homepage and and i am now concerned if i am good enough driving these. I do do a lot of sports beside skiing. Also, i am going to use them with Rossignol Zenith z3 which really improved my skiing considerably but skill i am just beginner/intermidiate. Should i bring them back ? Any advice much appriciated... Blush
Greetings
Huba
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to the forums. Don't worry about it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot for the fast response, so the flex is not that important ?
greetings
huba
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked at Salomon Impact 8's myself and don't think you will find them a problem given your experience and the mention that you're going two weeks a year. I was looking for a boot that would support me taking on more challenging reds and blacks, but they should be comfortable on blue runs. You may find that manufacturer sites make their boots sound a bit more impressive than they might really be, and that may involve advertising them almost a knotch above their true ability level - that's what I've found.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks alot for your comment. I will def. give them a ride now. Also, out of the whole bunch of boots, these where fitting my feet perfectly.
Thanks again.
Greetings
huba
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
huba01, wear them in good health.

PS Don't be surprised if your current definition of 'perfectly' changes, in about 25-40 snow days.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just purchased these boots and absolutely love them. I would consider myself an advanced skier but did not want to buy some stiff boots that caused pain. I found them so comfortable that I did not want to take them off when I got back to the chalet, yet they still allowed me to push myself in the turns on the giant slalom course that I did some training on. They are easy boots to wear and I am sure you wil enjoy using them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i have the Impact 10's which are 110 flex,after spending 1 1/2 hrs getting them fitted in S & R i still had doubts about them being too stiff for me (6 years skiing) but when i took them to Austria in Jan they were superb and couldn't believe i'd been hiring stuff for so long,my skiing jumped up another level within the first 2 days and they're the best money i spent on kit.

The boots will soften a bit as you ride them throughout the day but it's the fit thats important,don't worry to much about the flex,you'll be doing some nice turns in these! have fun. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy