Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads mug shot gallery

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller wrote:
Chris Brookes, are you swingers?

lol
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Argh!  It's TallTone!
Time for another actual mug shot then... for those that haven't yet met me...

(credit to Tarquin for the photo)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With thanks to Rob@rar for the Les Arcs snow updates in february, I proposed to my now Wife halfway down Col Des Frettes Smile

IMG_1292
IMG_1288

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 12-09-11 11:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone have you killed?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Angry Squirrel wrote:
With thanks to Rob@rar for the Les Arcs snow updates in february, I proposed to my now Wife halfway down Col Des Frettes Smile
Excellent!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking far too serious and a bit odd as I'm lying down but as it's the most recent picture here you go:
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This thread has shattered my illusion that all snowheads members were in fact young fit stunning blonde supermodel-esque babes (even the one's with male names who I assumed were just using pseudonyms). Damn.

Turns out most of you are middle aged computer geeks who do a spot of winter sports wink

NehNeh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gazzza, oi I ALMOST resemble that!!!

p.s. not quite middle aged yet Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Feast, many a beer.

Gazzza, oi! I resemble that remark!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK OK well here's me, er another male almost middle aged ish semi computer geek, a few years ago enjoying (on my backside) fresh snow on the Kitzsteinhorn in May !

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 13-09-11 16:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Clearly not too geeky though as I can mess up posting an image link!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gazzza, you probably have BBCode disabled in the post - edit the post and enable it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd got some spurious characters at the end of the link - now removed. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...and, proud Dad moment (all non parents feel free to roll eyes rolling eyes), my eldest just turned three at the time, having his first crack on planks this Jan in La Tania... Not yet a snowhead, but one day....

Followed by, not our brightest moment, as you can tell by the terrible posture, our decision to drag him down the 5 or 6km plan fontaine green from the top of the Gondola down to La Tania at the end of the day. Oops. "How hard can it be to snow plough with him between my legs" said my wife before we set off. Matters weren't helped when we realised several hundred metres down (it felt like several miles) that we'd left her ski poles at the beginners area by the top of the gondola, and muggins here had to walk back up to get them.... On the steeper bits, ie. hairpin bends bit of plan fontaine) I ended up having to carry him side slipping on my snowboard as my wife couldn't hold the snow plough with him - I did try a few linked turns, but carrying a three year old under the arm or over the should does nothing to help weight shift! Still he thought it was all great adventure and was delighted with his afternoon on the mountain and crepe at the bottom!

...And he quickly discovered the best way to end a good day on the snow.... "Can you pass my beer back please Mum ?" snowHead

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gazzza, is that tub outside Chalet Nicole?
snow report
TallTone, I look at that shot and wondered was that you sizing up that salad, or given it's size was the salad sizing you yup? Certainly a TallTone, sized portion.
latest report
snowball wrote:
This is an old action shot

And this is recent

Wow... I've never looked through this thread before.

What's the chances....?

I won a holiday for 4 people to Val Thorens from the Daily Mail Ski Mag about 15 years ago. On the train over, me and my three mates shared a Couchette with this chap. I can remember sharing a bottle of whisky with him on the way over. A real character that was really into his Art. Fondly remembered as Asterix by me and my mates. Cool

How bizzare...
ski holidays
spud, gosh. You should PM him, in case he doesn't bother to look in this thread much.
ski holidays
spud, oh my god, Asterix, that is so true! Laughing
latest report
Megamum, that's why I recommend the salad at Chalet Deux Lacs Smile
snow report
One of me carving in soft stuff...

One of me in the pub, last weekend...

snow report
Progressive childcare in evidence at a festival this summer
snow report
erm, dumb question, how do i get a pic to show?
snow conditions
prick_with_sticks, Log onto Snow media zone under snowbase top LH side. Use your normal SH's details as logon into (easier to remember). Upload photo to your album, view it and look below you will be given a RUL - if image is big enough also a chain link symbol to more links pick the one you want and cut and paste into a response - Voila!
snow conditions
prick_with_sticks, Not a gay on a tray then?
latest report
no I am certainly NOT a gay on a tray, how uncouth!! tried it and felt a bit, you know.

anyway, thanks Magamum, this is me in Tignes

and this is me with no goggs on

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy