Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing and Snowboarding for newbies in late Apr, early May? Where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Long time reader, first time poster!

I am looking to book a late season trip in late April, early May. We’d consider anywhere in Europe, Scandinavia, USA/Canada. Snow conditions will pretty much dictate where we will go.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that will be snow sure at that time of year?

My wife is a complete beginner, so a good ski school is a must too. She is quite keen to try skiing, however, in case it doesn’t quite work out for her, she’ll need to be somewhere where she can relax like a spa, or have other activities available to her.

Myself, I’m also a beginner though I’ve already completed one trip this winter to the Alps. I snowboard, and will take further lessons.

Any tips would be great. Should I book a package, or DIY? Am I better off leaving the lessons, and passes till when I arrive?

If you need more details, please ask!

Cheers

Si
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, Hodude! For snow surety at that time of year, you need altitude - Zermatt and Ischgl are both open till early May, Val Thorens certainly in late April. You could consider the End of Season Bash (EoSB) 19-26th April in Val Thorens - see the relevant thread, page 1, and also have a look at the Val Thorens website. If interested, your wife will also need to sign up to snowHeads, you both click on the "I want to come to the EoSB" button, and then drop admin a pm. For further advice e.g. travel, post on the EoSB thread in snowEvents - there are a few people who have signed up in the last couple of days, so you're not yet too late!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check which resorts are still open at that time as a lot of resorts close mid April may be earlier this year with easter being early. Head high or somewhere where they have had loads of snow like Western Canada or the States.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hodude, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Pretty much what the others have said... head high (or to a glacier).

Often there is plenty of snow still around in late April/early May, especially in certain areas of North America. What will dictate most though won't be the snow, but the opening period of the resorts. Recently, despite poor snow, some resorts have been closing with some of the best snow bases of their season, simply because people 'turn off' skiing once Easter has passed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hodude, I skied in Mammoth, CA, several years ago at the end of April, beginning of May. Plenty of snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good shout. Tons of snow, long season - they'll definitely be open at least until mid-May. Mammoth in every respect I believe they say. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy