Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor Qualifications

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know how the qualifications from vasryous countries compare (or point me in teh right direction to find out)? Also, can you use one countries qualifications in another country? I'm looking at doing an instructor course, and at the moment the BASI qualifications seem to be the best - more acknowledged than the CASI ones. How would the Austrian ones compare to these? COuld I use the Austrian ones in Italy or Switzerland, teh BASI in France, etc?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, there are quite a few threads running in the "Bend ze Knees" section on instructor qualifications. In summary you can use qualifications from one national system in other countries, but it depends on what level of qualification you have. For example, to teach in France you have to be fully qualified with an ISTD level award.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, there has been much discussion on this in the past, suggest you try a search in the Bend Ze Knees section of the forum.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As the others have said, there's a fair bit in BzK about different routes. BASI can be more helpful in Europe as they are part of a scheme to take over the world with the French, Italians and Austrians... But, once you get to ISIA/ISTD level (to which anyone other than a one or two season instructor should really aspire) there is a high level of tranferability.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kool cheers for the advice. I'll have a look in teh Bend ze Knees section.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out:

http://www.isiaski.org/en/index.html

From there you can see all of the assosiated members that recognise the qualifications.

This website is also excellent:
http://www.seasonworkers.com/skiinstructorcourses/instructorcourseqtns.aspx

It tells you a lot of faq's. The main thing to be aware of is that certain countries favour there own country qualification although it is directly comparible to any ISIA member, Some countries (France) inist on a higher level of a recognised ISIA qualification (the one when you have to do a timed slalom).

Hope this helps!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy