Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Alps trip - en route stop at Disneyland Paris - recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

We are again driving to the Alps for the summer hols (first trip last year was a huge success) but plan to leave UK two days early and stop near Disneyland Paris for two nights (Thursday/Friday) We are looking for an OK, well-priced hotel, with family rooms, in the vicinity and there are a couple of contenders but any recommendations or suggestions from people in the know, very welcome. We don't need any fancy facilities, as it's just a base to sleep, but nearby access to somewhere to eat/buy provisions would be good. Fine with the cheaper chain hotels

Merci bien Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's one recommended by Disney at Parc D'Europe, i stayed there, wasn't what i was expecting as it's like a Shopping Outlet Village, but it was all we needed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Hotel Santa Fe is a good base for euro disney, its in the park and about 15 mins walk to the rides, we stay here everytime we go.Then when on the way back to the hotel call in the 'Knight' Themed resturant kids eat for free with a paying adultand stien beers are buy one get one free wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As an alternative to Disney, try Parc Asterix on the A1 near Senlis about 50km before Paris. It has an incredable wooden roller coster (was the biggest woden one in Europe at one stage) called the Tonerre du Zeus. Lots of the chain hotels around Senlis which is a nice small town dateing back to Roman times with market on Friday if I remeber correctley. Good choice of resturants as well.

Was never really fond of Euro Disney, plus much prefer Senlis as that where my kids were born
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The 'Novote'l in 'Marne Le Valllee', who are part of the 'Accor' group of hotels, is a good base for Euro Disney, we have stayed here a few times when visiting, you can book online & get cheaper rates by booking like this. kids stay free in a family room, which sleep up to four people. We have used Novotel many times & never had a problem with them, breakfast is optional, often free for kids and good value & well worth having, with pleanty of choice. The journey takes about 10 - 15 minutes, driving or you can park at the train station, which is about a two minute drive from the hotel & take the train right into Euro Disney, we have done both, but prefer to take the car as by the time you leave the park & get back to the car the kids normally fall asleep, but both ways are really easy journeys to make.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen, like jase2472, I reckon you get more out the park if you stay in rather than out. You also get to go in an hour early.
We've stayed in both the Cheyenne (good value) and the Disneyland hotel (fun for a one-off, but too posh for us).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the summer season it's important to get to the theme parks as early as you can. The first couple of hours of the day is when the queues are at their shortest. If you don't get to the park until 10.30 or so you'll spend an unnecessarily long time waiting to get on the rides.

Also check the dates of the parks' summer opening hours. Around the end of the first week of July the parks switch to their summer schedules, staying open much later at night. This is a better time to visit, so it might be worth stopping off on the way home rather than the way out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all - very useful info and grateful for the input Very Happy Will look into the suggestions
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy