Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Little Tots skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just come back from a successful ski holiday with our 3 year old who loved it and didn't even want to come off the piste for chocolate and chips!! Very Happy

Now what to I do until next winter - he can't wait nearly a year for more skiing. Are the snowdomes any good? And are there new ones opening - I know only of Tamworth and Milton Keynes (we live in the south west) Also does anyone know if the snowdomes have 'nursery slopes' for kids.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

We've just come back from our hols with a 2 yr old and 4 yr old who also loved it. 4 year old insisted on chocolate picnics on the piste to save valuable time. We live close to MK Xscape but 2 yr old is still too young to go Sad They have nursery slopes and do a course of lessons for 3-6 year olds or recreational toddler sessions for 3-6 yr olds with a parent who can already ski.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adance wrote:
We have just come back from a successful ski holiday with our 3 year old who loved it and didn't even want to come off the piste for chocolate and chips!! Very Happy

Now what to I do until next winter - he can't wait nearly a year for more skiing. Are the snowdomes any good? And are there new ones opening - I know only of Tamworth and Milton Keynes (we live in the south west) Also does anyone know if the snowdomes have 'nursery slopes' for kids.

I live near XScape in Castleford. I imagine that the set-up is similar to other indoor places.

There is a nursery slope, served by a rope lift. To any kid that has been on a real piste, it would be tearingly disappointing. (You can side-step up it in about 10 strides!)

The main slope has a steep(ish) bit at the top and a shallower bit at the bottom. You can get off the drag lift at the top of the shallower bit. Although it's little more than a green run overall - more than within the remit of a kid with a week "on the piste" under their skis - it's the other people on it who concern me.

Some people, particularly unaccompanied teenagers, ski far too fast for the circumstances. They might (if one is being charitable!) be in control, but given how busy and narrow the slope is normally, I'd be worried about letting my kids loose.

For anything other than an inexperienced adult, indoor places are a waste of time. I'm a "first lift to last lift" person on hols, but I was bored after 20 minutes at XScape. They'd be OK for kids, providing you went when it wasn't very busy, for safety reasons.

The draglifts at Xscape aren't that easy to get off either. (Maybe this is just me being uncoordinated!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for your reply and that's what I thought. I really didn't want to go to a dry ski slope as I know how disappointed I am with them and obviously the snowdomes aren't much better. Will just have to wait the long 10 months until the next hols, hope he hasn't lost his ski legs by then.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
adance wrote:

That is the kind of story I want to hear... my son is 3 this year (November, just in time for the new season) but we'll also have a new born too... so it might have to wait till season 08/09! Was your little one in ski school/nursery/creche?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adance, be sure that he will regain his ski legs far faster than us adults, I started skiing at 3 years old and never looked back
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no he wasn't in ski school we just went up the slopes and he did it all on his own. Wouldn't even go between my legs or hold my hand, just wanted to 'whoosh off on his own!'
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
adance Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

recreational toddler sessions for 3-6 yr olds with a parent who can already ski.

Well there's an interesting statement. I wonder what level they have in mind for the parent to be at?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sometimes they just won't fit the skis...

[/url][/img]
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been to the parent and toddler session at Milton Keynes and found them useful for our 4 year old, but the instructor often has a class of wildly differing abilities some that can ski down the learner slope, some that can use the drag lift and/or the magic carpet as well as some who have never skied. Milton keynes also run snow cubs and snow bears lessons which aremore tailored to ability, but i think you have to book a minimum of4 lessons. We have taken to having a 1/2 hour private lesson for our 4 year old followed by reacreational slope time with either me or his dad. This does mean that both you and child need to meet the reacreational minimum standard.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy