Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10-year-old girl becomes youngest person to ski all seven continents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ken and Victoria
In just under a year, 10-year-old American, Victoria White, has skied in all seven continents. She is the youngest person ever to do so. Her adventure has also been used to raise awareness for cancer research. Her journey began on March 20th, 2007, when she skied at Zermatt in Europe and Marrakech in Africa. In July 2007, she completed the third continent, by skiing at Falls Creek in Australia. By September, she had skied at Portillo in South America. The fifth destination, Half Moon Island in Antarctica, was completed in December 2007. She then skied at Beijing Huaibei International Ski Resort in February. The mission was completed on Sunday at Winter Park. ...Victoria got the inspiration for her global journey from her father, Ken White, who was diagnosed with melanoma in 2003. Ken started a foundation called "Mountains for Melanoma" to raise awareness and money for the University of Colorado Cancer Center.

During the course of their journey, the Whites said they covered 75,000 miles by air and 3,500 miles by sea. They have raised $5,000 for melanoma research and hope to raise more.

To check out their blog, go to: http://www.mountainsformelanoma.com.

Source: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=88246
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Top girl this should give the "taking your children out of school" thread a boost Very Happy wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty, apparently she visited tham all during half terms. Fortunately, she decided against using a TO.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

They have raised $5,000 for melanoma research

Worthy effort and all that..... but surely they've spent more than that jetting about all over the place Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can I be the first one to use the phrase "carbon footprint"?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can I be the first to use the phrase 'How do they bloody know she's the youngest person to ski all seven continents?'?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well done to them, raised 4 cents per mile travelled ...

well done indeed rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
She hasn't so much raised a few $$$ for a worthy cause as found a lot of suckers to pay for agreable skiing hols for her.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, no mention that any sponsorship received went towards paying for the skiing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond, that was my initial reaction; but perhaps visitors to Antarctica are well documented. Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sorry. 6.5 cents per mile traveled. I under calculated her efforts...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You people are so cynical! What about looking to this magnificent example for inspiration and opportunity to contribute.

Me, I'm so inspired I'm planning my own personal challenge: to be the first person to sunbathe at every Sandals resort in the Caribbean in a single year. Not only is this a powerful personal challenge, it is directly relevant to drawing attention to melanoma, which I shall personally be risking by extensive sunbathing. (Not to mention liver damage due to enforced drinking of rum-based refreshments. Hmmm... two lines of sponsorship!).

I am confident that Sandals will see the relevance and global importance of this challenge and be happy to comp me the rooms. To answer the 'carbon footprint' miseryguts out there, I plan to enlist the support of the airlines by flying for free on standby, only occupying seats that remain unsold as check-in is closing. Because the seat was going to fly anyway, I'm obviously not adding to global waming by sitting in it.

I'll be looking to Boots to sponsor my enormous requirement for sun lotions, and then it's just a matter of personal expenses, and childcare for my son while I'm away. (What, you didn't expect me to expose him to all that dangerous sun, did you?) Shouldn't be more than around £15k for the project.

If all goes well, and I can be bothered, I expect to raise more than £100 for charity.

Any snowHead who'd like to sponsor this thrilling endurance challenge, send me a PM and I'll be glad to relieve you of your dosh.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skisimon wrote:
richmond, no mention that any sponsorship received went towards paying for the skiing.

No mention that it didn't. It looks to me like one of these 'Pay for my holiday cycling along the Great Wall.' or 'Pay for me to go parachuting.' wheezes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman wrote:
richmond, that was my initial reaction; but perhaps visitors to Antarctica are well documented. Confused

Even if they are, unless she's the only <10 year old to visit Antarctica, others may have matched her 'feat'.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy