Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know Le Bettaix or Le Bettex?? Near Les Menuires & St Martin de Belleville

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me anything about this resort please? I am toying with a few ideas for a week in the next few weeks and this is one of the places. I understand Les Menuires is unattractive but I really don't mind I want somewhere that is 'functional' and convenient IYSWIM and has decent access to good snow (VT). Apparently Le Bettaix is a small traditional village one chair below Les Menuires. Would I be ok taking a 3 year old up on it for the lessons at the Snow Garden at Les Menuires or does anyone know if there is a ski school in Le Bettaix itself? Any recommendations of the ski schools/piou piou club/creche in these resorts? Also going up to les Menuires for swimming or whatever. Will they allow pedestrian use of this lift? Would a car be more useful than relying on the chair? Does anyone know these resorts well and can advise on the suitability for a couple with a 3 year old of this area?

Thanks a lot snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, My limited knowledge is that there is only and old slow non detachable 2 man chair. Not sure what the piste down is like and how snow sure it is late in the season.

The Village is quite nice but the access is not the easiest from the main road up to Les Menuires. There is only a one or two Resturaunts aimed atthe German/Dutch market. The slow regeneration of Les Menuires has started and there is a pretty new MGM built development as you come in to LM that may fit your needs beter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gilberts Fridge, thanks very much! Yes I agree Les Menuires would of course be more convenient I guess I was wondering how inconvenient or not Le Bettaix is. I am just going with what might or might not be still available that meets our requirements for next week! It seems you can get decent accomm in not a great location or great location but not so good accomm. I am just weighing up all my options! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, I'm not certain but I think you'd have a bit of a walk from the top of the Bettaix lift (assuming it's running, I've never seen it in motion) up to the ESF kids club. Renting a car would be one option but parking in LM is pretty bad too and you could end up walking further from where you've parked. With a 3 year old I'd always go for location over better accom as they won't care about the apartment, in my experience (with my nieces and nephews so not a parents point of view) but hate too much faffing about from apartment to kids club.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take 3yo up a chairlift every morning in (potentially) a howling blizzard? Not the best idea. With young kids you want to be as near the childcare as possible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nightshift, the ice perv, thanks guys for pointing out the obvious Very Happy I am normally pretty on the ball when thinking about these things of course not the best to be reliant on a dodgy old chair with a littl'un. I guess it's because I am a bit on the back foot with this one trying to get something good for next week without paying through the nose I am not looking quite so sensibly as usual. My next option is La Tania. Only skied there once bfore when i was staying in Courchevel 1850 and remember thinking I wouldn't take complete beginners there but can't quite remember why (vicious drag or not easy enough home runs possibly??) but I don't know if that applies to a 3 year old and whether the snow garden there would bo ok or better still if Magic take 3 year olds?? My other option is La Rosiere which I fancy a lot but the accomm there is not what I'd choose if I had a choice it's what's left and it's over in the Eucherts(?) area so again not so well placed for to-ing and fro-ing the littl'un I think.
I will keep on looking snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
It seems you can get decent accomm in not a great location or great location but not so good accomm.

sarah, even without a small child, location is very important. With a little one, it becomes even more critical. And if your 3 year old is only just starting skiing he/she will definitely not be able to manage a chairlift - and even if they allow pedestrians, they're most unlikely to allow pedestrians carrying several pairs of skis
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nowt wrong with La Tania for beginners, perfectly reasonable nursery slope, and you can download by gondola from the higher areas. There are green, blue and red home runs, altho their grading is a little optimistic.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy