Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantastic trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're back!

Two great weeks in Courchevel with some wonderful skiing and good progress made in all areas of our skiing.

We were staying in 1650, which seemed to have the best snow throughout the fortnight (apart from slush at resort level). We were very worried when we arrived to temperatures of +16 and slush, but the weather improved and there were two powder days during the fortnight.

We had five private lessons for the two of us with Gareth Roberts of Supreme Ski in 1850, and they were excellent. Two great off-piste lessons, one on bumps and steep blacks, and two go-faster lessons culminating in a very high speed run down Stade (the competition piste) for which I was rewarded with a kiss on both cheeks from Gareth, so I suppose that I did pretty well - apparently he doesn't kiss all his students.

I'm really looking forward to the Level 1 BASI course at the Snowdome in May, and haven't ruled out doing the Level 2 course at some point in the future, although I have no ambitions to teach abroad. My skiing has improved hugely this season and Mr Docsquid is no longer able to leave me behind, even if he wants to.

We also got over to Orelle at last this year - a long trek all day not helped by my dropping a pole off the Cote Brune chairlift, and having to ski back to get it, and then having a problem with an old injury on a bumpy red into Orelle, meaning I had to side-slip it on my right leg until the problem recovered (it's an old fracture with an un-united sliver of bone that occasionally moves and causes sharp pain - it chose a bad place to do that!). Fortunately it did settle down, and I managed all the other bumpy runs without incident.

Mr Docsquid was in tears watching me ski yesterday - not because it was bad, but because he never thought I'd be able to ski that well. Fair misted up my own goggles too, to see him so proud!

Hope the snow improves for people going out this week - last day yesterday was on slush, even at the top, as the air temperature was so warm, and actually skiing through puddles going into resort Sad It was more like water skiing in places!

Rained heavily last night in 1650, but was snowing pretty wet snow by this morning.

How am I going to live until next winter with just the Snowdome to look forward to?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid, normally when HappyMouffe is in tears looking at me, it's because she's laughing Toofy Grin

Off to Val Thorens in a couple of weeks, conditions normally better on the upper slopes wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, should be OK in VT. The weather was very variable though, with a complete range from beautiful cloudless sun, cold conditions and a pristine piste through to rain/hail and slush and much too hot and slush. Plus two lovely powder days. People were skiing in t-shirts in Courchevel 1850 yesterday.

It was snowing when we left at 6.30am, although still a bit warm, but should get colder, according to the chalet chef, who is usually right.

Have a great time in VT.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
docsquid, Glad you had a great time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, thank you.

But how am I going to last until next winter? I'm sure Level 1 at the Snowdome will only make me want to go skiing more, not less!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy