Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for Whitegold's resort report:

Verbier (March 2007)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Resort: Verbier
2. Country: Switzerland
3. Domain: The 4 Valleys
4. Author: Richie
5. Date: Mar 2008
6. Our Holiday: 7 reasonable Snowboarders
7. Website: verbier.ch
8. Basics: Southwest Switzerland. Around 120 mins from Geneva
9. Lift System: The lift system is inadequate. Some bottlenecks at The Jumbo and mid station.Very poor links to the valleys. Scorecard = 4 / 10
10. The Terrain: The onpiste is ok. Only Mont Fort and Savoyells are worth mentioning. Not enough links to other valleys 6 / 10
11. The Snow: Poor snow down low, good up top. The town was green. 6 / 10
12. Off-piste: Outstanding - helped by 3 proper powder days during our stay.Didn't get tracked out too quickly. Steep and deep everywhere with some trees to play in too. 10 / 10
13. The Resort: The town is very busy. The nightlife is drastically overated and a massive let down. Lots of rich kids living off of Daddys banking salary and paying well over the odds for a drink ruin the atmosphere. 2 / 10
14. Food: There are some decent restaurants, but you have to search for them. 6/ 10
15. Accommodation: It is mostly chalets. Hotels are rare. 7 / 10
16. Costs: Overpriced drinks in most places but some reasonable bars, considering it is Switzerland's top resort.Some good bargains in some shops 7/ 10
17. Conclusion: Verbier has some of the best offpiste on the planet. This makes it a must-visit destination. But be prepared for huge liftlines, overcrowded pistes at times, gangs of "trustafarians" living off of mummy and daddy and nightlife which is a massive letdown

Total Scorecard = 48 / 80 (60%).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, and the benefit to users of this site of reports based upon 7 days of punter experience are?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Sparks, it's 7 days more than zero and in this instance 2*7 days=14 days... and you're welcome to contribute if you've had any experience of Verbier (or anywhere else for that matter)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with Richie. It is a vastly overated resort IMHO.

Offpiste was excellent.

Onpiste was average, nothing special. Bottlenecks reminded me of Les Deux Alpes. Lots of cat tracks.

Nightlife was in reference to it's supposed reputation......rubbish.

Good bus (navette) service.

Large resort. Not unnattractive.

Full of Ruperts using who say "Yah" and use the word "amazing" in innapropriate sentences.

Overall impression: Very overrated.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hoppo, OK, can't be bovvered.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steve Sparks, Laughing innit though
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you`ve been unlucky at the time you went, I went 19th to 23rd jan 2009 It snowed everyday and I can honestly say it was the best trip I`ve ever had and I include Whistler in that, no lift queues amazing snow and without question the best off piste I`ve experienced, granted it was expensive for drinks In the evening but we did the 4pm - 5pm happy hour at hotel Farinet (2ltr jug 15chf) and at 16.50hrs ordered a couple more, then went back to the apartment were I cooked a spag bol or something similar for the boys. Did booze and food shopping on the way up in Martigny and It wasn`t too expensive. Ultimately I`m there for the skiing and I can get pissed at home In England If I want to.
Try going when Its not holiday time and I think you`ll change your opinion of the place.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, I'm thinking of taking the family (wife and teenagers) to Verbier second week in April, but is it high enough? Has anyone had experience of skiing Verbier in mid to late April, please?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
biglol, been for the last two years in mid april, plenty of snow up top, the lower runs back to town suffer , but probably would in most places, on the plus side was nice and sunny , great for lunch etc
last year had two proper powder days, then went mountain biking on the last day. in real terms only half the available on-piste terrain open , but town quieter as things start to close down.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Neilski, ta Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I sympathise with someone who goes to Verbier - or any resort - in a peak week and relatively poor snow, which is what I think this visitor has suffered. Otherwise I'd say it's completely unrepresentative, however genuine the individual experience. I've been every year since 2003 and probably 30% have been great, 50% have been good and 20% have been OK but below-par because of poor snow. I would never, ever go at Christmas, New Year, Half-term or Easter if I could avoid it (but that's true of most places). You can pay a fortune for you apres-ski but you don't need to do so to have a good time. I would concede that a satellite like La Tzoumaz may be a better base for the skier of 'average' means who wants to do the 4 Valleys:

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/dec/06/satellite-ski-resorts-verbier-four-valleys-switzerland
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I still shudder at the memory of a bartender trying to charge me 8chf (at Attelas IIRC) for a cappuccino.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy