Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Food in Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're in Vallandry after Easter - 10 of us self catering at L'Oree des Cimes but I don't want to cook every night. I just wondered if any snowHead s have ordered food in from the Traiteur "Au petit savoyard"? They seem to offer quite a good range of food and it might keep me sane and allow everyone else to enjoy their hols if we order in.
Any views from people who've used them would be appreciated
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Traiteur has moved to a brand new shop between the Tourist Office & Chez Felix. It is a splendid new premises, about 4 times bigger than his old shop higher up the hill, which he has obviously outgrown. We don't use it a great deal, but only because it is too far away from our place - we live in Plan Peisey, but at the top end, a good 20 mins walk for us! (We must be getting lazy) Le Traiteur is well known for his barbecue chicken machine, which he puts outside to attract the punters. He has two types - the ordinary one for about 9 euros, and an all singing/dancing poulet du ferme for about 14 euros, supposed to be a lot more flavoursome! If you wish to buy them, I strongly recommend you ORDER in advance, because he always seems to run out. He has a much bigger range of ready meals in his new shop, which are good quality, but very expensive. I would recommend his absolutely delicious tarts, which he will make to order for the evening - the bigger the better! The tarts are usually - raspberry, pears, apple and the local speciality - myrtilles (blueberry). We have bought them on numerous occasions, and they are superb.
For an alternative, I strongly recommend Le Refuge Pizza place, next to the Sherpa supermarket in Vallandry. They don't just make pizzas, but also have excellent tarts,(similar) It is an eat-in restaurant with a carry-out facility, and is only a few minutes' walk from L'Oree des Cimes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fj, thanks for your comments - good tarts are always appreciated Smile Thanks also for the tip about Le Refuge, I'm sure we'll make good use of them. Vallandry looks great and we came across one day 2 years ago when we were staying in Les Coches. Really looking forward to exploring the whole of the Les Arcs side.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy