Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in early april with non-skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have what I suspect is a fairly difficult request. I am going on holiday around March 29th untill sometime around 6th April. Most important is good chance of good snow, but also important is something for non-skiiers to do. It would be my parents, who are not into shopping, gambling or drinking but are very into history and wildlife. I guess the perfect place for them would have walled towns, castles, museums, open farms and snow free alpine walks with widlife.

The skiers are of various abilities from 2 fairly advanced who like off piste and steeps to 2 close to beginner who are just getting to the point of all paralel skiing and including a 7 year old with no fear and apparently 4pretty good skills who is getting into jumps and off piste.

We are willing to wait untill closer to the time to book, to be more sure of getting snow but ideas about where we should be looking would be greatly apperitiated. We would expect to hire a car and it would not be a problem if either the skiiers or the non-skiiers had to drive to get what they wanted.

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serre Chevalier - hire a car and stay in Briancon. Walled town, castle thingy, interesting old church all on the doorstep. Other similar within an hour's drive. Splendid walking everywhere, in particular up the Val Claret, snow cover permitting.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zell Am See ?
Pretty town - it's a year round resort, reasonable skiing on the Schmittenhohe , Kaprun+glacier nearby and other resorts on the Salzburger superski pass or whatever it's called. Train allows trips to Salzburg etc.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Chevalier sounds good. I guess being north facing and with access to some high lifts (Grande Galaxie up to 3568m is skiable from there I guess) we would be as well set as anywhere that late. We have been to Kaprun before, so I guess that is less atractive, but would be an option if the snow is much better there. Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
snow free alpine walks

walks wouldn't necessarily need to be snow-free for non-skiers. Snowshoes are cheap to hire, easy to use, and enjoyable. Anyone who can walk can use them, they strap on to a pair of stout walking boots. Some of the ground below the snowline, as it retreats, can be very soggy and rather miserable in the early spring. Though right down in the bottom of our valley there are already primroses and wild daffodils out (that's at about 850m I think).

Briancon does sound a good bet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy