Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm going SKIING TOMORROW!!! well. today now

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to the Jungfrau region tomorrow!!!!

11:30am flight with BA from Heathrow with the rest of the Oak Hall people...

Can't wait!!!

Going to ski in Wengen (I think), so hopefully those MSBers have left me some snow.

I shall try and give a report back and some photos when I get back.
I've got a bad back over the last couple of days so hopefully won't hinder me too much.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr.Si, See you there. 21:00 ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and drive down to Wengen on Saturday. Bring it on. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr.Si, I bumped into one of my neighbours at Wengen station as I was going home. She'd just arrived and was staying with Oak Hall - small world snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oooh ElizabethB, what is their name?

We've so far been skiing in Mannlichen, it's lurverly! We had around 6 - 10cm overnight there, so making fresh tracks all day was awesome. So silky! Best conditions I've experienced so far.

Will be going a little further across the mountain tomorrow to Kleine Schleidig or what ever it is. I'm thinking the lauberhorn is looking steep! (i skied down blue 36 to wengen yesterday and saw it).

I can't seem to find a shop which sells hoodies. I want to take a nice wengen one back for my awesome girlfriend. Anyone know anywhere? The sporty shops only seem to have ski gear, and rubbishly thin hoodies. Sad

I shall report back in a couple of days time.

One other exciting thing to report was that we had an abortive landing at zurich! Some people didn't seem to find this fun... No idea why.

T'ra for now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well! What a fantastic day of powder we've had in Kleine Scheidegg! It was snowing all day above Wengen town centre. ('twas raining there i think). Visibility was quite rubbish but the skiing surface wasn't!

This morning i skied with a few people from the group below mine as it was free-time in the morning before our lessons in the afternoon. So this morning we just took a lazy run down from Kleine Scheidegg along blue 22 (mettlen) through the tree-lined piste. Nice and peaceful with almost only us 6 on the run. Stopped off at the Brandegg restaurant and had some of the fantastic apple fritters in vanilla custard.

Headed back up to the top and up the lauberhorn chair and down the nice and short red 42 (lauberhorn). Saw the start gate for the world cup run. Looks a bit sketchy!

After lunch my group went and played in the powder all afternoon. Now I have OFFICIALLY skied in powder! Wow it is so nice! Soooo fluffy and a decent depth too! My Scott Aztecs are handling it well as they are quite a wide ski. Oh it was beautiful. I couldn't see where i was going most of the time, but it felt great. My bindings aren't releasing me as much now since they were tightened to 5 1/2 from 4 1/2. I think initially, we were playing in the fluff off the lauberhorn red run. We then went on the brand new Honegg 6-man chair and came down the variable terrain, which, again, was crying out for fresh track playtime.

It's as they say: "the pistes are only for getting from one fun area to the next".

Sorry for the "all over the place" style of writing. I'm sitting in my chalet room on WAP and just typing as my brain gives me info.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Si, great stuff... I go out on Wednesday and am suitably teased by your reports of oodles of powder! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
let's hope it continues eh!

I'm happy to also report that the slopes in general aren't very busy. Or at least, it seems to be that way to me.

But yeah, today was good. Next time it happens, i want to see where i'm going though! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
was based in Kleine Scheidegg again today.

It seems there was more snow fall last night, but the only thing was... I couldn't see much of it as visibility was v poor. We were skiing down a couple of reds this morning, sticking to, what we were hoping were, the pistes. Went down the red 42 (lauberhorn) and red 44 (wixi). Went back up the lauberhorn chair and came down on black 41 (rotstocki) a couple of times. We then decided to change direction and headed down red 21 (Tsuggen) a couple of times to experience the "wall of death". Seemed quite tame to me. We then went up the new honegg chair and headed down in the direction we thought was red 15 (honegg) to get back on the Arven lift to head back to lunch at Kleine Scheidegg. The only thing was, we had no idea where we were cause we were skiing in cloud. We missed where we were supposed to go, and ended up having to go all the way down to Grindelwald, where there is no snow, and the remaining man made bit is very sketchy.

So we missed our afternoon lessons Sad

I decide to call it a day there, as i wasn't a fan of skiing in cloud all day. It was an adventureous last run though.

Occasionally, the cloud opened in a certain area, and we could see blue. I also managed to get some gorgeous shots of the Eiger mountain peak breaking through above the clouds.

The cloud cover has certainly kept the pistes in pretty good nick. The black Rotstocki run was really scraped away yesterday at the top, but today there was a good covering of snow on it. Hoping for another blue-sky day though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today saw me heading over to Birg and Schilthorn.
It was a lovely blue sky morning up until around 10:30 when the clouds which were gathering below us in Murren decided to rise and rise until visibility was once again very low. Thankfully, it brought snow with it. These were the perfect crystal type flakes which is good for light fluffy snow.

Skiied a couple of blues, a bit of red (there don't seem to be many red runs) and a short black. The pistes were in lovely condition, not scrapy at all.

Afternoon lesson saw us finding some variable terrain again. A few steeps and a bumps run (the latter is just what you want when you can't see where you're going rolling eyes ). To end the lesson, we headed up to the top of Schilthorn and came down black 10 which just happens to be the famous james bond run as seen in "on her majesty's secret service". Again, we couldn't see where we were going, but hey, i've been down that run now. YAY!

Last day of skiing tomorrow, so heading back over to mannlichen. Think i might get some souveneirs while i'm stipped off in Wengen.

Snow wise, this is the best i've experienced in my 4 weeks of skiing.

I'm looking out of my window of Chalet Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen and there are the odd few snow flakes falling. Has definitely been a colder day all over. Schilthorn was -8 today.

Si
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well, yesterday was another blue-sky day, and my final day skiing too, so it was a good start and end to the week!

Didn't do much in the way of skiing, just casually cruising a few runs, starting over in Mannlichen and skiing over to Kleine Scheidegg. Ended up by skiing down to Wengen. Got my souveneirs though, so was happy. Girlfriend should be happy with her jungfrau joch hoodie.

I am now sitting in the foyer of Chalet Jungfrau, waiting for another hour until my coach transfer arrives to take me to Zurich airport. Can't wait to be back in England.

It's proper snowing in Lauterbrunnen though! Woke up at 7am (local) and it's still going strong now!

Should be good for those Easter skiers arriving.

Been a good holiday, but 6 days is enough, and now i've got a mountain cold Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr.Si, great reports. Next time can I suggest you edit the title and you would probably get more traffic.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Thanks muchly. And yeah, I do agree it's not as sensible title. Maybe I should've made the title "Jungfrau region, 14th - 21st March 08"

to all you people with facebook, I've added loads of photos to a "group". The link is HERE

Si
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy