Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 Group Booking and Flight Release dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to organise a group of 30 to Saltzburg next Feb (14/09) half term and want to book accomodation ahead of the flights. Any advice on reducing the risk of not being able to get there after booking the hotel / chalet?

Jet2 from Leeds is our preferred route but I can't put in a group request until the flights are released - don't know when this is. Does anybody know their policy? Also I can't actually find a phone number for Jet2.... Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
double post

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 13-03-08 13:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kewhoward, usually release their winter flights around August time, although it does seem to be getting earlier

Phone number is 0906 302 0660
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BGA, Thanks - I'll give 'em a call.... snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, we do the same (groups up to 30) and for the last couple of years the flights have been coming out around July.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, Can you get any special treatment as a group - eg do they give you advance warning of release dates? I'm a bit nervous about not being able to secure 30 seats on the busiest day of the (skiing) year - 14th Feb 09.... Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kewhoward, nope. The only concession you get for group bookings is that you don't have to pay full price for the tickets, or provide full details of the passengers, until about six weeks before you fly. The payments will be off one credit card though, so you could be at risk as the organiser if others blob.

We tried a group booking once, didn't like it, so get everyone to book their own flights, on their own cards, online as soon as they're released.

Getting the seat isn't really the problem, knowing how much you'll pay is though.

The first year we got tickets at about £150 per head, this rose to nearly £300 the second year but dropped to nearer £225 for this season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, Thanks for this - there is a real price risk isn't there? I'd noticed the wild increase last year but hadn't realised they'd dropped a bit this year - were these ffor Salzburg specifically or Geneva or Chambery? Were they half term?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kewhoward, Yep they were all half term weeks.

All Leeds/Manchester-Chambery which always seem a tad cheaper than to Geneva
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kewhoward, it's always easy for me to tell when half term and easter hols are with Jet2, look on their low fare finder when the flights are initally released and all the weekend flights are about £39 until half term week when they jump to about £229. Luckily (for me anyway wink ) it's about the only time I don't go skiing during the season. I quite like Jet2, but have noticed them going down the Ryanair route a bit of late, charge for everything, seats, bags, customer service a bit iffy. Can't complain though as I live 10 mins from LBA
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BGA wrote:
Can't complain though as I live 10 mins from LBA

I think you'll find even you can't get there in 10 mins from Harehills!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing And add another 10 from Cross Green Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OI.

Cards duly marked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BGA, Frosty the Snowman, Mosha Marc, Upper Horsforth (as we like to think of it) wink though is 10 mins - I'm the LBA taxi drivers worst ride - especially when I ask them to go the quick way down Scotland Lane wink Laughing

Unfortunately 1/2 term is non-negotiable and I agree about Jet2 - got stung for their reduced luggage allowance - now 18kg - last time I flew with them.

I am worried that it might be £400 return when the flights come out - can't decide if its worth it or go over the dark side of the hill to Mankiechester with a TO. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Upper Horsforth

Is that the same as Lower Rawdon?

Have you been to LBA since they introduced the new taxi system? What a farce. Only upside is that it's slightly cheaper than the black and white cabs. As for ease of use rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy