Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Axiendo Series Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having never owned my own skis, I was given a pair of these skis recently by a relative.

Does anyone know anything about them? What level were they aimed at, they feel pretty stiff.

I've skied on them a few times over the last few weeks, and I have to say, despite their length (185cm I think), I'm really enjoying them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried the Axendo Series in Whistler a few years ago. I thought they were a fantastic ski. The last Salomon that I really liked.

I preferred them to those K2s with piezo electric damping in them. Non skiing science nerds at work knew of the K2s.

I think the Axendos were marketed as a prestige piste/all mountain ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I owned a pair, in fact they're still in my garage but bindingless.

Nice enough ski at the time, and I'd agree it was sold as a carvey piste thing for the better/heavier skiier. There was a whole family of Axendo's with the "Series" meant to be at the top of that tree.

However, if you enjoy skiing them, you'd luuuurve a more modern ski.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Late '90s Salomon response to shaped skis. There should be a number next to it, such as Axendo 6 or Axendo 9.

I can't remember whether those were done in cm sizing or if those were still done with Salomon's 'Power' sizing but you might look for a second number on the topsheet that says something like Pr 6, Pr7, Pr8. The funny thing about Power sizing is that it varied by model, Power 8 on my F9000s was something like 215cm.

I remember these skiing like a typical cap ski of the day, stiffer than Dynastar Max but much softer than the wood-core (red) Elan SCXs or Volkl P30s that were out at the same time. Comparing the stiffness of these to stiffness of modern shaped skis is comparing apples and oranges. The build methods to provide torsional stiffness at the shovel (read: hardpack grip) without stiffening longitudinal flex were not remotely sorted yet.

What sort of shape are these in at age 10? What bindings on them?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, No number. As Mosha Marc says, they are simply Axendo Series.

The skis say Pr7 on them and they have Salomon S850 bindings. Bases are fairly scored, with a few dinks. My uncle gave them to me with the comment 'they'll be fine for Scotland', and he's right! The odd bit of rock or gravel here and there doesn't bother me...must get them fettled up - or maybe bite the bullet and buy some new skis.

I'm a fairly ambitious intermediate skiier - 2 weeks abroad and assorted days in Scotland over the last couple of year. Starting to get the hang of carving (at least I was on my hired skis in France this year), and starting to wander off the piste. Any ideas for what sort of skis I should be thinking of if I want to move on from the Salomons? The couple of shops I've been into have recommended the K2 Apache Recons and Nordica Hotrod Eliminator. Any other ideas?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andy G, If I remember, they were using the PR (Power Ratio?) system instead of ski length at the time.

I think you put you weight, height & ability into a chart which gave you a power ratio rating and that's the ski that was for you rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andy G, 'Series' was the name given to the top end model of each of the Salomon Ranges. In most cases the number scale went up to 9, and instead of 10 it was called Series; X-Scream Series, Axendo Series etc.
Axendo was the Cruiser/Advanced Intermediate All mountain Ski. It sat beneath the X-Scream range in terms of performance, although it could be argued that the Axendo series would be more of a ski than say an X-Scream 7.
That said this should not be compared to modern All Mountain Skis, being much narrower and a much less playful sidecut, but not a bad ski on the whole, there is worse being recommended all over this forum, bloody Indians. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy