Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - any experience ? In particular La Tania and creche facility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to recent arrival of Cost Centre No. 1, can't gp en famille until April. Anyone any experience of Ski Beat and their creche facilities. In particular La Tania, because it's relatively low heightwise and they've got their own creche there.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nickski, yep used them for three years in 02,03 & 04 for our kids - the boys were 14 months on 02, in 03 the boys were 2 ish and daughter was 3 months.

Creche is pretty small but perfectly acceptable - nannies took them all out on walks every day or to play in the snow and all of them were happy there. Had the usual tears when we left them, but peeking throught the window they were fine!

Ski Beat chalets were to a good standard, all had en-suite rooms which was good. While the chalets are quiet close together there is one a way off down the hill - we had the ones which were had the creche downstairs which was great.

Food was fine, although obviously is dependent on your host - generally we gave the kids an early tea and then put them to bed leaving the adults to have the evening. Again we were lucky in that we booked the entire chalet and had friends and family, which did help as you knew who you were with.

Nice family friendly resort and the main bit of the village was used for sledging in evenings.

Took the kids up the lift a couple of times, is a bubble lift, to go for drinks and snack at cafe at top. Easy enough to get from La Tania to rest of 3V.

You can often talk the nannies into baby sitting for extra cash

All I can think of at the moment, but any specific Qs please ask or PM

Obviously things could have changed in last few years, but based on our experience would have no hesitation recommending
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hopefully things have changed for the better with this company in La Tania over the last few years, in my and our friends opinion they certainly needed to.
Specifically, I would ask the company to prove it's Nannies have some type of recognised qualification and relevant experience in childcare.

As Boris, suggests
Quote:

peeking throught the window
is in my opinion absolutely essential as is returning to the chalet unannounced (but unseen by the kids) during the day. Sad

Unfortunately I can say no more. Some research using search facilities may give more info.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 11-03-08 23:12; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nickski, Sorry no knowledge of Ski Beat. Good luck though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eldest daughter did a season for them last year in La Plagne.She is qualified,and had to bring proof of this to her interview.Having said that,I believe 'qualified' nannies are the most difficult position to fill...certainly,they are very much in demand.Quite how you would obtain proof of qualification(beyond an assurance from the company,and that's in the brochure)I do not know?Cant see them sending out copies of diploma's somehow wink As always,personal recommendation may prove the best bet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used Skibeat for over a decade and were very happy. We used the creche facilities for around 5 years - 2 trips per year and never had any complaints and agree with all Boris' comments. We quickly made it a rule to get the chalet which had the creche attached to it as it is so much easier to take the children to the creche if it is just a case of switching rooms rather than having to stick on all the outdoor gear, carrying them a hundred yards and then taking it off again.

We don't use them now solely because daughter has now started skiing and snowbizz at Puy St Vincent works better for children that are learning to ski.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nickski, congrats on the arrival. As a relatively new mum myself I would think that you would not want to leave cost centre no 1 for too long anyway. We managed on own by sharing the responsibility and worked well (still does as he is too young to go to creche in our village).

Ski beat as a company have always provided us with great hols ect. I cannot vouch for the nanny care. If you are thinking of April then should be quiet anyway so you may find he/she is only one needing looking after!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy