Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Final men’s downhill Alpine World Cup results

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The men’s final downhill race scheduled for Bormio (Italy) tomorrow has been cancelled, so Didier Cuche (Switzerland) is the overall downhill crystal globe winner. Warm weather and fresh snow cover on the treacherous "Stelvio" course meant the men's training run planned for today had to be cancelled - and so also the men's downhill race scheduled for tomorrow. ...<br>Source: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines.html?actu_id_1089=789&actu_page_1089=1
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not surprised by this as I was there there last week and the temperature in the valley was a massive 18 degrees, they have had lower temps since but obviously not enough. Must be very sad for all concerned as lots of work was being undertaken while we were there in preparation. Cracking town and slopes though....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shame as it would have been a classic match up between bode and cuche deciding the cup on the last race and Bormio is such a difficult course i am guessing would have been very entertaining to watch....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Out of interest I'm trying to find out the winners of all downhill races this season. Did Miller win more DHs than Cuche? Who had more podium finishes? The official FIS site FIS-ski.com isn't much use.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PisteHead, Probably the easiest way to find this is to go to the page for the last DH, click on the menu under "Download PDF Files" and select "Results, Analysis, Standings (1.62M).

The breakdown of points starts on page 34.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks rjs, just the ticket although the FIS need to improve the user friendliness of their website.

If 1st, 2nd and 3rd earn 100,80 and 60 points respectively then it appears

Cuche earned 6 podium finishes with 1 race win
Miller 5 podiums and 3 race wins

3rd placed Walchhofer won 2 races, one more than Cuche:?

Reminds of F1 racing whereby the points difference between in particular 1st, 2nd and 3rd determines to a degree whether consistency is rewarded more than total races won.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shame, would have been nice to see a showdown between Bode and Cuche.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think that has saved Cuche, I could have seen miller finishing higher up the field in this last race.

Miller has has a storming end to the season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shame Miller was bringing the whole thing alive what fun to watch......................
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23577261/

And Miller seems a little upset about it. Though, not sure that Raich really has a chance unless he sweeps the three remaining events and Miller doesn't show up.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raich needs snookers.

Cuche deserves to win the DH crystal and should of received extra points for fliping his ski. Wink

Bode b!tched about the race that injured Svindal although if they had cancelled that race / trainning session he most likely wouldn't of been in line for the overall lead.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't read all the details, but it seems that part of the controversy is that the Austrian and Swiss ski coaches were consulted about whether the races should be held, but not coaches from any other country. And given that Cuche was in the lead, one could suggest that the Swiss coaches had good reason for pushing against having the practice session, and thus the races. Plus, it's entirely possible that the Austrian coaches are being very cautious about slope conditions, given the number of serious injuries to their skiers this year, especially in the last two weeks.

Whether or not that really made any difference, I don't think it was wise of the officials to seek opinions from some coaches and not others. The best way to avoid controversy is not to put yourself into a situation that could be misinterpreted as being biased.

It does seem a shame that the World Cup final is so tightly locked in by location and timing. Is there no way - as has been done for the Olympics and in other outdoor sports - to build in some extra days and/or flexibility into the schedule in case of adverse conditions. Whilst clearly resorts need a lot of advance warning to prepare to host the World Cup final, it's really frustrating that the skiers are grounded by warm/wet weather in Italy whilst the conditions in Canada and the US (and perhaps elsewhere) are as good as they've been all season.

Might the FIS have to start considering weather trends in allocating the World Cup finals/World Championships - i.e. excluding resorts where March conditions have been iffy for a certain percentage of the previous 3-5 years. I hate to see places ruled out of hosting skiing comps - but there's enough in terms of money, effort, and most importantly the lives/health of skiers, involved that some risks are probably too much too take.

Kate
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why can't they move it somewhere else, look at the way Cheltenham has been postponed for a day, it's crazy to think Cuche wins in this way, Go Bode.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode has won the overall title now anyway, it looks like for the first time in 25 years we will see a US double (male & female) win.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy