Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello, Newbie :)

Poster: A snowHead
Hello there. Im new so be gentile

Im off here on saturday.
http://www.datron.eclipse.co.uk/mski/

any tips, advice or anything on the area Any ideas what the snows like etc? Just after some general info if you will.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Parabolic, Welcome to Snowheads. Any room in your suitcase for me? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im afraid not. Hoping it will be a nice place.

never been to switzerland before. anything different from the french? I was in les arcs last year how will this compare?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Parabolic, nice gaff... Shocked

there's a thread on here called Verbier Snow Report...(under Snow Reports) which has some general snow condition info - as well as all the usual banter wink

I skied over to Thyon recently when I was in Verbier and all the links were open but the snow was fading vast. I think you've timed your visit well though as it's snowing now with more forecast tomorrow and at the weekend.

If you want to enjoy a full day over on the Verbier side get up early - it's a long way and it's fairly easy to miss the last lifts and get stuck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Parabolic, Welcome to snowHeads! Because of my strap line, I'm going to say that ant-Semitic remarks are frowned on by most people here. (Sorry, I find it unbelievably hard not to proof-read other people's posts, it's a disgraceful and deeply annoying habit. Embarassed )

The 4V will be wonderful, I'm sure, there's just so much skiing to be had; but I've never stayed where you're going. At least I hope the 4V will be good, 'cos that's where I'm going on Saturday too. Search against 'Verbier', by the way, you'll find lots of recent comments about the weather: I'm pinning my hopes on the good dump that's forecast for tomorrow.

After years of going to French resorts, I've found - to my great surprise - Verbier to be better value than a lot of them. You can spend a lot of money, but you don't have to. Food good, people friendly, it's really nice. Have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a vague suspicion that your trying to subtly advertise this property.

I hope you don't have a vested interest in this property.

This isn't a forum for advertising.

If this isnt the case, my apologies.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, blimey, never even occurred to me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle,
Quote:

I'm going to say that ant-Semitic remarks are frowned on by most people here. (Sorry, I find it unbelievably hard not to proof-read other people's posts, it's a disgraceful and deeply annoying habit. )

Nice one. I missed it 1st time round. Toofy Grin

By the way is an ant-semitic a Jewish insect?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 11-03-08 20:27; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, Very Happy Yep, I missed it as well ....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nope sorry but the place is bug all to do with me. ill let you know what its like etc but ive got no idea. Hoping its nice as its cost a bloody fortune.

ive got no idea what ant-Semitic is?

Ive read the snow reports and its scary that the snows fading but also good that more is forcast. if it dumps how long do you think it will last? Its my new birds forst time on snow (and for some silly reason shes going boarding as well) so im hoping that it will be soft for her. thourghts?

Also at the resort we can get "super skis" worth it? or not?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, you are a light to lighten the genitles.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Parabolic, welcome to snowHead

I have super skis and really recommend them. Go for super skis, everytime.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Parabolic, someone who hates the jews. You made a reference to gentiles by mistake, when you meant to say gentil.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We skied from Les Collons for the first time this year , many more to follow I hope. The snow had held up very well considering the crazy temps we were having. Thele thyon were maintaining the snow very well. The best way to connect to the circiut is to take the Etherola chair(slow 2 man being upgraded for next year to 4 man high speed) and then drop down on the red from it. The red is mainly a track with one steepish wider bit that can get icy. Didnt ski right over to Veribier due to getting the kids out of ski school as we only put them in for morning and lunch.

The runs back down from Thyon are cruisey blues and reds but if you get a dump there is lots of gentle off piste between the runs. Did not do any blacks(no1 fridglet did, only 7, big proud dad moment) but there were some very challenging reds. The Piste d l'ours is good but can get a bit icy. Our favourite was the Red down to Veysonnaz1400. Cracking run or should I say runs as there were various ways down it. Sitting here smilling just thinking about it. There is a good returaunt at the gondela there as well. Restraunts in Thyon are basic but ok.

Put our 2 kids in the ESS, fantastic really looked after them and both progressed well. No2 Fridgelet was pretty tired at the end of the week and asked to back in to the Jardain D Enfents and they accomodated it very well.

Chalet staff night off try either the Cambouse, free taxi if you book I think or the Luge Pizzeria, basic but full of locals very good pizza. There is one not very busy Oirish pub there , DONT try the Guinness or the Kilkenny as they dont sell enough just stick to the local eurofizz which is cheeper anyway.

Worth booking the liftpass online even though the site is not the best , but you can only collect from the main Trabanta ofice if you do.

Ther is a free Vin Chaud at the bottom of the snow park about 3 times per week

Not the livliest apres but thats not big for us just now but more than enough skiing

Disclaimer We have an appartment their so are very biased. Have a great time and let us know what you think
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Parabolic, Welcome to snowHead 's. Ignore the heavies, have a great holiday.
latest report
Christopher, Or even gentle. wink
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Parabolic, Welcome to snowHead 's. Ignore the heavies,

Shocked
ski holidays
red 27, Shocked
latest report
thefatcontroller, this could drag on....
snow conditions
red 27, What, he/she arrives on site and is accused of spamming and starting the holocaust, hey thats a welcome Confused
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Laughing agree! looks a lovely gaff, and I've PM'd the OP to book a fortnight next year and urge all snowHead 's to do the same Laughing
snow report
red 27, Good enjoy the holiday Confused
snow conditions
Parabolic, even if it is your place I can't see the problem in telling everyone about it. I'm sure that was a genuine spelling mistake already.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Horrified that someone even considered it anything other than a spelling mistake. Shocked
ski holidays
Parabolic, what about the genitals??
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
red 27, What, he/she arrives on site and is accused of spamming and starting the holocaust, hey thats a welcome Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I do wonder where are all the new threads and posters going to come from.

Too many golden oldie threads and too much in-fighting recently.
ski holidays
edsilva, It was probably just a c@ck up on his part.
ski holidays
JP,
Quote:

ant-semitic

Oops. Well spotted. Embarassed

Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing

thefatcontroller, are you trying (but failing once again) to be funny? It was a joke on my part. Admittedly not a very good one, but still a joke. I think you are in dire need of your ski holiday. Hope you have a good one.

Parabolic, of course I realised it was just a spelling mistake/typo - apologies if you took offence (but I hope you didn't).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, To quote you

Quote:
Because of my strap line, I'm going to say that ant-Semitic remarks are frowned on by most people here.

Jolly hillarious. My sides split with laughter Confused rolling eyes
snow report
thefatcontroller, you obviously missed my saying that the joke was
Quote:

Admittedly not a very good one

The phrase 'starting the holocaust' is, on the other hand, immensely amusing and in no way a troll. You have quite deliberately stirred up unpleasantness here, and continue to do so, when I have clearly stated that any offence was unintended and that my joke was weak (though anyone who didn't understand from the context of my post that it was, in fact, a joke, would have had to be pretty slow on the uptake). Your wind-ups are getting seriously tiresome and far more offensive than anything either Christopher or I said, with admittedly suspect judgment, to Parabolic.

You will no doubt wish to have the last word, but I will no longer be online to read it. Good night.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Yep right, you only said it was a joke after I raised the rudeness and absolute stupidity of your comments wink Laughing Night Laughing
latest report
Parabolic wrote:

ive got no idea what ant-Semitic is?

Is Ant(onio) Gentile an extremely tough Italian footballer - a defender currently playing in Serie A ?

I play darts with an Italian called Ant. He is also a Brummie and Villa fan for his sins.
snow report
haha Smile

Sorry folks but my swelling is terrible at the best of times. That couples with im starting at the keyboard and not the screen means that you may well get some right gobbledigook from me. All meant well though you understand.

JUST TO CLEAR IT UP, THAT PLACE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME WHAT SO EVER!!!!!! i was just after comments on the location etc. cheers for those that have and can we all chill a little. Instead of picking fault try solving one. Next thing you know youll have people saying posting is not a right its a privilage! jeez

Anyhoo.

Aye cheers for the restaurant options. Will see what the others have to say theres 2 challets of us the other guys are in L'Etoile Polaire any ideas on this one?

ok heres something. Seeing as its my and the womans first skiing holiday (and she need to be hooked) im thinking of taking her for a romantic picnic at the side of a mountain somewhere. Has to be off a blue. Any ideas?

Really looking forward to it now Smile

Any im too young to have had anything to do with the holocaust. Although those that suggested it im guessing are? Neh Neh
snow conditions
Parabolic, Welcome to snowHead 's. Don't worry about inadvertently lighting fires here...its unavoidable! snowHead
latest report
Parabolic, welcome to snowheads, keep posting, i got the same reception my first time here as well. some people are just a bit paranoid about spammers here...
snow conditions
Parabolic, There loads of places, either tree lined or open, on the pistes down from Thyon. You will get a good look on the first trip up the Trabanta chair.

Just a thought, as it is the first time skiing for your other half and that lessons with ESS dont start until Monday try a private lesson, it cost us 110CHF for a 2 hour lesson for the boys, very impressed with the ESS.

The Cambuse is also a good place for lunch/coffee nice terrace with great veiw, can be accessed by a blue or easy red and has a button and T bar back up again. Not sure where your chalet is exactley but the red down to Le Masse can get a bit dodgey in places and the lift out of Le Masse is a slow 2 man chair. If your chalet does it I would recomend getting bussed up to the Trabanta. To get to ski school from the top of the chair there is a short blue run down to Thyon, might be advisable getting the beginers bussed up on the first day, free ski bus and takes about 15min. When you get off the chair ski back round under the chair and head straight on to the top of a T bar lift. Just after the T bar you will see Thyon its not far but hidden from the top of the chair.

Sorry dont know the other chalet but there is another good resto I forgot just about opposite to the Trabanta chair, incredible view and very friendly as well. We ate a couple of times in the summer.
snow conditions
Parabolic wrote:
Sorry folks but my swelling is terrible at the best of times. ...

Seeing as its my and the womans first skiing holiday im thinking of taking her for a romantic picnic at the side of a mountain somewhere.

Really looking forward to it now Smile

Me Too! full report please with pictures! Razz
latest report
Will her ring be sparkling?
snow report
richmond, oh I say... spoo
ski holidays
red 27, it can happen, apparently, on these piste side romantic occasions. I was surprised too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy