Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sonnenkopf am Arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was wondering if anyone has been to this resort before? How it is usually with queues etc. and if there are any easy to access off-piste areas and such. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there on a couple of away-days from St Anton. It was sold as 'virtually queue free' - but not in reality. The one gondola up was a bit of a bottleneck in the morning, and the mountain restaurant at the top of the gondola was rammed at lunchtime.
That aside, the skiing was enjoyable - something for everybody. Can't comment on off-piste, I'm not a fan.
A week may seem like a long time though.

CD.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, I went there on a day trip from St Anton. Off piste was good, lots of little bits cutting down from pisted areas and then parts where you could easily get well away from the piste.

Not too busy when I went (due to the weather - no vis!); away from the slopes there is very little there. I think it's best to stay at St Anton/Lech and visit Sonnenkopf.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Staying in Feldkirch and am there for 3 days, managed to get a nice deal for 80 quid including skipass and half-pension at 4* so should be fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went there about three years ago on a day trip from St. Anton. We noticed it was on the same ticket as St. Anton/Lech/Zurs and decided to try it out. Good snow and not all tracked out. Very few people. Nice run out through the trees back to the base. We enjoyed the trails and had a great time until the weather closed in. It is a wonderful day trip, but I wouldn't spend more than a day or two there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also done on a day trip from StA. It is difficult to get to the early bus connection from Stuben - Langen, hence you usually arrive on the slopes around 11am. Interesting as a diversion but have not bothered the last few years,
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
about 50% of our group did this on either Fri/Sat this week as a dayout from St. Anton. I was busy doing the white circle, based on their feedback a lot of fun but not really a place for more than a day trip or so..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bumping an old thread as out in Stuben 9th April, and wondering if a day trip is worth it here for 2 reasons.

Either

1) for the off piste

or

2) to take the kids for a family ski day...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's snowed recently and St Anton is now tracked, head to Sonnenkopf and there should still be freshies.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was at Sonnenkopf late last week with a group of complete beginners.
It is not a bad, small resort - but it was absolutely heaving with children. It seemed that every school in Europe decided that it would be a handy resort to go to due to its size, difficulty of runs and lowish lift prices (if not buying a full Arlberg pass).
There were some good areas of untracked off piste after the recent big snow dump though. And the Kelo Bar at the bottom of the resort has some very high spirited apres ski.
I see it as being a good place to go to for a day trip if you have your own vehicle, but not an outright holiday destination.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy