Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Breaks the x ray stories

Poster: A snowHead
Lifted from Times On Line http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/holiday_type/winter_sports/article3504197.ece
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"skiers tend to get one or two injuries for every 1,000 days skiing while snowboarders are around twice as likely to get hurt."

Reason being....?

Answers on a postcard. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does it have anything to do with the average snowboarder I.Q and his/her ability to coordinate ones self?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ordhan wrote:
Does it have anything to do with the average snowboarder I.Q and his/her ability to coordinate ones self?

rolling eyes opinion noted and ignored
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Because they sit on the piste in the way of skiers?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it because of collisions with out of control skiers who can't see where they're going because their heads are stuck up their own back bottom? wink

....runs and hides....and then sits in the middle of the piste... NehNeh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might have something to do with the fact that in the survey they will have counted the 1000's upon 1000's of snowplough turning skiers who do no more than 5 mph down the pistes (difficult to injure yourself at those kinds of speeds). There is no equivalent of a snowplough on a snowboard. NehNeh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes its called "sitting on you ass in the middle of the slope" NehNeh I am sure snowboarders have some fancy title for it wink Cramming a glutius max....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ordhan - All snowboarders are stupid and all skiers are 'more cleverer than what they are' is a shining example of intelligence to be held up for the many. I feel it my duty to thank you for enlightening us poor stupid snowboarders.

Obviously there would be some that claim that you are making sweeping generalisations based on your own preconceptions, biases and preferences? They would probably be snowboarders or boarderline (sic) skiers who will one day realise they are of sub-standard intelligence and strap on a plank so as not to denigrate your master race of skiing behemoths.

Someone of such obvious innate intelligence would not use pure conjecture to come up with a theory of intelligence based on snow sports preference, so please could you direct the more inquisitive of us to the scientifically proven reports that you will have no doubt used to form your opinions.

I will try not to associate your comments with all skiers as obviously there will be a lot of them that are of lower intelligence than you and may not be quite so 'enlightened'. Thanks again for your insight, I feel I have learnt a valuable lesson. Laughing

Just out of interest have you ever seen any groups of skiers standing around in the middle of the slope? When I've noticed this I usually put it down to the fact that they are probably new to the sport and will learn not to obstruct the piste in this way (of course it might be that they are low IQ skiers that should be snowboarding). Obviously all of the snowboarders you've seen are experienced mountain riders and are only doing this to upset you due to your unusually large intellect (or should I just say head).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steezy wrote,
Quote:

Just out of interest have you ever seen any groups of skiers standing around in the middle of the slope?

They will be the ones having the "How to stop in the middle of the slope when you encounter boarders" lesson.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
popcorn anyone?

- sits back -
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
edmundf, I think you are missing the true question, salt or sweet? The proponents of salt will have no truck with sweet popcorn whilst sweet popcorn enthusiasts see salted popcorn as an abberation. My personal preference is for sweet at the bottom of the carton topped up with salt (the best of both worlds IMO) but I would find it difficult to measure a persons IQ based on their preference of cinema related snacks. Perhaps we should ask Ordhan his opinion wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I dunno about snowboarders in general, but if the little tw@t who nearly took Mrs Axs out today had been just a fraction slower making his escape he would have definteily needed hospital treatment Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

(He was hurtling down the (busy) piste at about 70kph, lost it, somersaulted into the back of Mrs Axs FORTUNATELY just 'clippng' her after which I gave chase but from too far away to catch him. Plus his 'evasive' tactics included carving up a group of beginners and I realised that by chasing him I was makng matters worse. Twunt! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steezy, edmundf, Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AxsMan, you mean you couldnt keep up?
latest report
martski, Embarassed (little bug had too much of a start, I WAS catching him, but not quickly enough)
snow report
AxsMan, oh for some spiderman (or should that be spyderman) type bad guy trapping cobweb firing thingies on the wrists...
latest report
Comic book superhero powers aside (although 'spidy sense' would be very useful) we must as a group address the serious and contuinuning use of sugary snacks while watching people who are of the 'Something Should Be Done' brigade. Consumption of these snacks could lead to a significantly increased risk of heart palpations. It is clear which snack is better.

Is there a sarcasm button someplace on this thing?
ski holidays
Tim Sawyer wrote:
"skiers tend to get one or two injuries for every 1,000 days skiing while snowboarders are around twice as likely to get hurt."

Reason being....?

Answers on a postcard. Twisted Evil

the answer is here:-

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0809-ski-accidentology/

amazing how many times The Times has been able to recycle this ski accidents story, that must be the third time this year I've seen the same story tarted up and sent out on the slippery slope of journalism.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy