Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on new skis as I've still got the old style long skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just been away skiing and feel I should really get some new skis. At the moment I have some 201 cm Rossignol 7SK's.

I am an ex racer (many many years ago I used to do FIS slaloms and GS's). However after getting married and having children, I've only been once in the last 9 years, so the change to shorter carving skis has completely passed me by. Now I think we will start going most years, I would like to get some new skis. Part of the problem is I just can't get my head round skiing on shorter skis at speed. Also there seem to be many more different types of ski.

Until now I've always used racing skis, usually using a slalom ski of around 200 cm for freeskiing. I will ski down anything, but won't do as much mogul skiing as I used to. So mostly piste but also skied out off piste, powder if there is new snow, with a few runs of moguls thrown in. The main thing I'm looking for is a ski that can hold a good edge on steep hard packed/icy slopes and is stable at speed if I'm going straight, but can also cope with moguls, etc.

I've been looking around on the internet and was thinking of getting some Atomic SX 12pb's at 176 cm long. I really wanted advice as to whether this is the correct type of ski for what I want it for and whether that is the right length. I'm 171 cm tall and 65 kg's.

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnfreeman, The ski you've spoken of sounds like a good choice, why not try this kind of ski first?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm back in the UK and won't be going skiing again until next year. I was thinking of getting a pair in the end of season sales (at around 50% off) so I can use them next year when I go.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnfreeman, I'd take the skis you've mentioned then. I could write pages for why, but i'm so bored of it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if I needed to go for the 169 cm long ones and I'm just going for 176 cm because I'm used to skiing on longer skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnfreeman, 176. Toofy Grin 169 if you fancy slalom turns, i think a radius of 20m would suit you great.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy