Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Reps Hut

Poster: A snowHead
Since there's a few Ski Club Reps knocking around here I thought I'd extend the hospitality of the SCGB members forum to snowHeads and offer you a virtual drink Very Happy

(I can afford to be a generous host in cyberspace!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's to SCGB reps!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers! And I must say Ian, you really are very generous - keep em coming! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice to see U on this side of the mountain, reps - the pistes might not be as well groomed as you're used to but there's some great off-piste to be had and the bars are buzzing for sure Wink

Ian, you do realise that, if you're going to get off that intermediate plateau, you're going to need to get off that barstool first? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Getting out from in front of my computer would help as well! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Ian - I'll have another of those Weissbier / Guinesses please (yes it's me from Grenoble).

U Brain - us reps usually prefer the off-piste! Was all this your doing? Nice to see a continuation of the 'old Ski Club forum' - the new one's gone very quiet unfortunately. Cheers!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My look up-table linking names in the two places is getting stretched to the limit!Anyway, all welcome in Ian's virtual bar. Very Happy

U brain is our lord and master snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dodgy! Is that you??? LOL Shocked

Hiy'all.. just checking in form the snowy slopes in Soll. The drink around here seems to be a Jagermeister, but I am not too fond of that brew, so I will take a nice cold beer please. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One cold beer coming up then Cool

Sounds like Austria has got good snow at the moment, are you exploring?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Tracy, yes it's me - I've jumped ship too (though still keeping an eye over on the SCGB site now and again)!

That Ian sure is generous with his virtual beers. Weissbier is the stuff to drink in Austria - have an Erdinger for me. Sounds like you've most of the snow over there. We had a stack in Grenoble on Sunday but nothing in the mountains.

26 days and counting till my stint...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow? Ah yes... it hasn't stopped since I got here - just a steady fall to keep the runs nice and fresh... Razz

I haven't paid too much attention to what is being served up when I ask for a beer, but Weissbier sounds like a good choice to me... lol

Dave - I might try and get over to hassle you in April if I can find a tempting deal. I am already getting sad about the end of the season, the snow here is fantastic right now, I just hope that it lasts through the month ok. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tracy it would be great to see you, let me know if you can make it. Kevin Eddison is coming over for a few days at the start and possibly Phil Rose (he finishes in Avoriaz as I start) and Paul Haywood. I've managed to catch up with quite a few of our crew over the weeks in various resorts.

Too early to start talking about the end of the season - it's nice and cold here and long may that last. I want some good snow for my 3 weeks!

Have fun - I'm immensely jealous.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am having fun and have made to the end of my first week of repping! Razz

We had new snow the first 4 days that I was here and then blue sunny skies for the second half of the week. Today is changeover day in Soll, so am hoping that a few members come along to ski with me tomorrow now that I know my way around the mountain a little better! I had 2 delightful gentleman skiing with me all last week and it was really a nice introduction. You are going to have your hands full, Dave if we all show up for your stint! Mr. Green

Ian, I will just take a small beer today - I am feeling just a touch fragile after deciding last night to see the week out by living it up in the Whiskey Muhle until about 4am! I swear, it was a wonderful idea at the time, and lots of fun! Eh oh!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One small beer coming up!

Great to hear you're enjoying yourself out there, I love it when its snowing - even if I can't see bug-ger all and, in Saas Fee, it meant the lifts were closed for the morning whilst they cleared the avalanche risk.

Five weeks 'til Val Thorens...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just wondered if anyone had been skiing with Colin Mason - I see he's the rep for when we're in Banff next week & we may well meet up with him. Or are you here in disguise?? Very Happy (I see, the lucky guy, he's taking 2 years out from a hectic London life - wish I had one of those - to live in a small French village in the Pyrenees...)
snow report
...and just seen he's been repping the whole season from 20 Dec to 3 April, with one week's break!!!
snow report
Cathy it must be terrible for him (the week off that is)
snow conditions
I know DG, hope he's recovered from it by now....
latest report
I skied with Colin last year in La Plagne. A very enjoyable week. Anything specific you need to know?
snow report
Ah, thanks Pete - no not really I guess. Your saying you had a very enjoyable week was probably all I was looking for. Hope he does an easier day, for me! M. Coins enjoys the tough days, on piste.
latest report
I think we need to buy Gerry a celebratory drink, since he has been awarded best new ski rep! (as announced on the SCGB discussion forum by a council member)
snow conditions
Ian Hopkinson, not to take anything away from Gerry's award (congrats Gerry) but how many people get to vote? Is it all the registered users of the forum???
snow conditions
Thanks guys. Blush

Fox hat, the award is decided upon by the reps' manager. The decision is based on performance. It could be the person who signed up the most members, the one who did the most repping or who helped out at very short notice throughout the season, or the person that received to most thank you letters. But I would guess it is more likely to be a combination of all the above.

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy