Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turn the volume to 11, and the bindings to 19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Standing in the Mont Gele lift on saturady with an absolute ski legend.
Parlor was next to me. He is not the legend!

Dominique Perret.

I noticed his Tyrolia bindings (on his signiture ski...Stokli DP...what else would he ski?) were set at 19 Shocked

I have to be honest....I didn't know bindings even went that high!

We watched his ski off...he seems to have got the hang of it Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp wrote:
......I have to be honest....I didn't know bindings even went that high!.....

There's plenty of race bindings that do into the 20's & you can get a Marker race binding that goes up to 30, probably to stop 'em pre-releasing wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, thanks! Puzzled My favorite thing about DP is his 'pro model' gloves! You know you've made it when Hestra give you a pro model... (Also that he queued in the lift line with us mortals even though nobody would have asked any questions if he strolled past everyone to the front...)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp wrote:
We watched his ski off...he seems to have got the hang of it Smile

Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey Parlor, DP! ha! hes not even sponsored by White Dot Freeride! Cant compete with us boys eh?

eh?

wozzat?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I clocked Jonny Moseley's skis once, bindings set to 22.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How do you 'notice' what someone's DIN is without being about 2 inches from their bindings?! Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please, lets not get into a 'my bindings are set higher than yours' debate. Someone will get hurt. Mine are set at 5.5. They will never go higher. Although, when they are hanging up on the rack in the garage, I set them at 31 just in case visitors think I'm a wimp!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris, no nob waving going on here, it was just an observation. That aside, how do your skis stay attached to your feet at 5.5?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, he's got big feet? Din 31 -> short BSL -> small feet -> small...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, No Nails works fine for me.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parlor wrote:
.........That aside, how do your skis stay attached to your feet at 5.5?

parlor, 5.5 front + 5.5 rear = 11. That's how rolling eyes

wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chris wrote:
parlor, No Nails works fine for me.

Shirly you mean no MORE nails?

I can see how the 5.5 + 5.5 = 11 works.

I can't seem to get my skis to stay on at 11. Then again I'm not very good at skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, set your bindings to 5.5 then don't do anything risky, difficult or dangerous and don't venture into soft snow of any kind. It works for me.
Seriously though, I'm 70kgs and as I head towards my mid 50's (injuries taking longer to heal now), errr on the side of caution, wanting the skis to release if I hit rocks or logs or anything else lurking underneath the snow that isn't visible.
If you're not very good at skiing, get a lift pass, then you won't spend so much time walking up and that will give you more time to practise going down the hill! wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chris, might just give that a try. Thanks for the help. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy