Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Call in snow cops, says top UK skier"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From the Times on Sunday yesterday

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/news/article3503385.ece

"Following a succession of high-profile skiing accidents in the past few weeks, Konrad Bartelski, Britain’s most
successful World Cup downhill racer, has called for US-style piste police to patrol the slopes of Europe’s overcrowded
ski resorts. "

So should Europe's pistes be patrolled?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
the British and Spanish skiers are the worst. They think they are experts, they all drink too much

Quote:
British tourists, skiing has become the Alpine equivalent of binge drinking. “They arrive on the mountain, see blue skies and perfect snow, and go wild,”

I didn't realise Konrad goes to the E0SB Very Happy wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
heheh as usual they will keep trying to make it less and less fun untill suddenly (along with the aticle underneath about uneccessary travel) people will just stop bothering.. then they will wonder where all the euros went , start pancing and calling for government assistance to get people back on the slopes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The speed of some skiers and boarders when I was in Flaine in January was crazy, and this was on blue runs sometimes. I nearly got taken out on more than one occasion and in every case it was because I spotted them and took avoiding action that I didn't get hit. I would also say that the ESF instructor going down a busy green run at warp speed backwards was also reckless.

The last time I worked in Loon Mountain, USA a few years ago, between every instructor that was part of our group, we all had had an incident whether it was ourselves or our group that had encountered reckless ski-ing or boarding.

People are sliding way beyond their capilities in large numbers.

Something has to be done but I don't know what.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At least we'd have real statistics on who the worst are (which would obviously be Parisians on snowblades).

I skiied in Canada for the first time this year and did see a fair bit of a "patrol's problem, not mine" attitude - skiers seemed more likely to ignore fallers, not check that the random kid who just binned it is ok, recover skis for people and so on. Given how polite Canadians seemed to be I can only assume they were either relying on patrol to sort it or simply thought it crass to draw attention to someones fall.

How about granting sensible people (like me, for example) a licence to thin the herd? After taking a patrol approved test you are given dispensaton to use reasonable force to prevent Parisians on snowblades?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cunners, i thought thinning of the herd was why we had ski poles?! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy