Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone ride dynafit setup??

wondering what they're like generally, i prefer downhill far more then uphill but enjoy a punt away from the crowds / day tours. I assume the bindings can simply be mounted onto any ski?? (don't think i could justify buying any more skis!). What are the compatible boots like - i like stiff-ish boots, even for touring.

any experience appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awesome, great support for the binding next winter.

I run Scarpa F3 with Vertical ST.

Love it, however i'd recommend a boot without 'flexi' sole for skiing. Dynafit Zzero, Garmont Axon. There will be a further 12 or so new compatable boots in the freeride catergory for 2008/9.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Oh and this, sorry for the useless product descriptions, this guy sucks big time.

http://uk.youtube.com/v/kna8FEonUAM&eurl=http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/video-update-scarpa-typhoon-domina-and-skookum-at-boots/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bump, too many BS threads bouncing around.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I take it the Axon touring sole isn't interchangeable to alpine as it has the dynafit fixings?

My adrenalins are getting packed out, anyone know if the intuition liners (as used in scarpa/dabello etc boots) would be a good replacement?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, The Garmont liners are poor. Either Intuition or Palau make different densities and thicknesses of thermo liners so i'm sure there would be one to improve on what you had. I'm not 100% behind this 'Intuition Revolution' the liners are good but the two pairs i have had packed very quickly, like 3 hours.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB, The Garmont liners are poor. Either Intuition or Palau make different densities and thicknesses of thermo liners so i'm sure there would be one to improve on what you had. I'm not 100% behind this 'Intuition Revolution' the liners are good but the two pairs i have had packed very quickly, like 3 hours.

3 hours Shocked Many other reports I've read raved about the Intuitions Puzzled

My G-Fits in the adrenalins have not been too bad ca 50 days but I'm now on the boots last buckle notch. Which touring boots are lower volume than the adrenalins?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
None, unless you count Scarpa F3 or Scarpa Lazer (due for relaunch) 2008/9, neither are freeride.
I think much of the hysteria surrounding the Intuition is based on people taking bootfitting seriously and an increase in the Freeride type boots that come with intuition. For these people, it's the first time they've been bootfitted correctly and the first time they have used a thermo fit liner. The results are bound to impress. People are using the trade name, rather than the type or process name. IMO.
You have already used this kind of liner, albeit IMO the worst available, with some degree of success. So are praising the system and process, your enquiry into Intuition is based on already being aware of the system and it's options. I'm not sure many of the 'EPIC-INTUITION-O-PHILES' have ever seen or used an alternative. It would seem that on 'EPIC' the users would put an Intuition inside their flipflops if a bootfitter could come up with a process to do it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I'm not sure many of the 'EPIC-INTUITION-O-PHILES' have ever seen or used an alternative.

An artifact of distribution channels.

$150 in-the-boot cost is hard to argue with.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

The posters over on Epic and TGR both rate the Intuition liners (probably the same people just playing to different audiences Wink ) I've had foam injected strolz liners before which were awesome to begin with but then packed out after around 70 days. Was expecting less well fitting booots and a drop in performance with the adrenalins compared to the strolz but suspect that the lower volume shell and better flex give me better performance. For some reason I tend to feel in the backseat with my alpine boots / bindings compared to my touring set up - perhaps the boot or binding changes the angle of my foot in some way.

Are zipfit and comformable OK for touring?
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=64525
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, They add weight and reduce walking function, but can add a more precise ski.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa moved to Intuition for the US market, the Palau version not carrying the same familiar brand name.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy