Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage 1st time use

Poster: A snowHead
When you use your telepeage remote payment transmitter for the 1st time do you need to do anything ????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thunderer, Yep, make sure you don't hit the barrier and moon at those queueing apart from that nothing Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller,

Thanks, do I have to slow down as well ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thunderer, Advisable Shocked until the light turns green for go and acknowledged your Telepeage has been read, you can get through in a very gentle 2nd gear move
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We found you had to creep a lot closer that we were expecting to, you will probably drop to 1st gear and still just about be rolling to do it - you think 'heavens is this going to work', as you creep closer and closer, suddenly the thing in your car goes 'bleep' and the barrier works, but its certainly a bit nerve racking doing the first one. By number three you're doing it like an expert with a big grin on your face. We used ours for the first time in February half term.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thunderer, Advisable to wait for the barrier to go up Toofy Grin I used mine for the first time at Christmas and was a little apprehensive as I approached the first time but it all worked fine, it does beep at you to let you know it has been recognised.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just for a laugh the first peage barrier at Calais makes you stop! Maybe 'cos it's the first time but I have never managed to roll through that one Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thunderer, if you're planning on driving through Turkey their telepeages don't have barriers so you can wizz through at 30 or so. As long as you hear the "beep" you'll be fine wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought it was a great shame that all these payment systems weren't linked, i.e. one tele device for all countries - as it was we came sailing through all the French peage systems fine, but I still needed a quid at the Dartford tunnel on home turf rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, Try the fecking Severn Bridge, they don't accept credit cards, cash only. Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, Which side is the money collected on wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Both sides... Confused Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mine did not work at Calais but has worked ever since.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, unless I'm missing a subtlety here it's only on the Welsh side. And why not get a Severn Tag, that's what I've done Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yoda, Yes sorry I have a TAG but still think it is crazy the the Severn does not take credit cards. I know quite a few that have been sent back to Bristol to get money.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, I agree. Do they still take dollars and euros?
latest report
Yoda wrote:
thefatcontroller, I agree. Do they still take dollars and euros?
Confused Never heard that
snow report
They certainly did in 2002, but I've not heard much about it recently. Maybe it was quietly dropped?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy