Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet - Taking child booster seat as hand luggage?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done it?

We're planning to take our daughters booster seat as hand luggage, but seeing as the security gestapo stopped a friend of mine taking a small allen key in his hand luggage (was for adjusting his boots; They missed the two large bottles of sun tan lotion rolling eyes ) a couple of weeks ago it's made me wonder if we can.

A quick Google didn't really turn up anything.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If its purely a booster seat - some you can get are just made of polystyrene - I can't think that an airline would have a problem with that - are you planning to let the child sit on it in the plane?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the Easyjet website it says:

No more than two infants per accompanying person are allowed. Infants under two weeks of age will not be accepted for travel.Children aged two years or over must occupy their own seat and pay the same fares as adults.It is the accompanying person's responsibility to ensure that the minor is adequately secured into the aircraft seat. To this end easyJet will accept a car seat supplied by the accompanying person for any child over six months for whom an airline seat has been purchased, provided that the car seat has a rigid metal or plastic frame, is no wider than 42cm, includes lap, shoulder and crotch straps, and is upright and forward facing. The required restraint device for the age of the infant is detailed below:
Between 2 weeks - less than 6 months: infant/extension seat/safety belt.
Between 6 months to less than 2 years: infant/extension seat or suitable car-type safety seat.
Between 2 years to less than 3 years: any suitable car-type safety seat or seat/safety belt
3 years or more: seat/safety belt.If an adult is travelling with more than one infant under the age of two years, but no less than six months, one infant may sit on the accompanying adult's lap and the other infant(s) must occupy separate seats and be seated in a car seat in accordance with the above table.An adult with two or more infants aged six months or less cannot be accepted for travel.A child between the ages of two and three years may be seated in a car seat in accordance with the above table.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies.

snowball, I did check that out. It does say you can take one for children between 2-3, but my daughter is 4.

Megamum, we don't intend for her to sit on it in the plane, according to EasyJet she should just sit in the seat normally.

I guess the next thing to do would be to measure it and make sure it's within the limits of hand luggage....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
m00958, Why not put it in the hold? If she is not going to sit on it on the plane, why hand luggage?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, wouldn't they want us to pay for that? We've got 3 hold bags booked with EasyJet, and we're using those for bags. If we can use our daughters hand luggage quote for the car seat then it's happy days.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
m00958, Fair point. 2 options ask at the check in desk can it be put in the hold as an item, often see them coming off the belt as single items, otherwise carry as an individual item and say you want her to sit on it on the plane, can they stop you Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just stick it in a carrier bag and take it through. Easyjet won't even notice what it is unless you make a fuss of it, and airport security aren't going to have any issue with it: they let people (us included!) take whole child-seats through which don't even fit through the security scanners.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, good plan snowHead

RobW, that's what I was looking for, evidence of someone saying they'd done it. I'm sure I'd seen it before, but couldn't be 100%.

Thanks all.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
m00958, taking it as hand luggage and stowing it in the overhead locker for the flight won't be a problem. She won't be allowed to use the booster seat during the flight as it can't be secured unlike a car seat. PM me if you need any more info wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle, thanks Michelle! Just what I wanted to hear Happy

I take it you've actually done it?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
m00958, I'd take the gamble that Michelle may have a close working realtionship with Easyjet wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
m00958, what - had a child Shocked
thefatcontroller, Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, Would Easyjet charge if a booster was put through as a hold item in addition to the "Standard" luggage charge?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski, I couldn't answer that one I'm afraid Confused I really don't understand the wonderful ways that the check in agents work (it often seems to be if the person has PMT or not wink - did I say that Little Angel ) I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know once on board though Laughing
snow conditions
Michelle wrote:
I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know once on board though Laughing

Is it true that the grey headrest protectors indicate narrow seats and the orange ones normal ones?
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
Michelle wrote:
I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know once on board though Laughing

Is it true that the grey headrest protectors indicate narrow seats and the orange ones normal ones?

No! The grey headrest covers you'll find are on the emergency exit seats - row 1 ABCD, the overwings & C&D of the last row. You need to be 14 or over and physically fit to sit in these seats (along with other stipulations). The only seats that are slightly narrower are in the last row, where you'll notice the aircrafts shape narrows wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-03-08 14:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Michelle wrote:
kitenskiI can tell you pretty much anything you want to know once on board though Laughing

Cheers Michelle, guess my 2 daughters are taking a carry on plastic bag each then Smile

So onboad - How can I get free beer?
latest report
kitenski, sorry - there isn't an answer to that one Laughing
snow report
Michelle, those lights on the lifejackets, are they visable to people searching the ocean for any survivors or useless in the event of a plummet from 35000ft? Twisted Evil
snow report
Michelle wrote:
FenlandSkier wrote:
Michelle wrote:

No! The grey headrest covers you'll find are on the emergency exit seats - row 1 ABCD, the overwings & C&D of the last row. You need to be 14 or over and physically fit to sit in these seats (along with other stipulations). The only seats that are slightly narrower are in the last row, where you'll notice the aircrafts shape narrows wink

Oh dear, we put Masque in one of the grey seats on the back row, a narrow seat where you need to be physically fit Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
FenlandSkier, I told you that it was a bad idea for me, you and masque to try and squeeze on the back row rolling eyes
ski holidays
Swirly wrote:
searching the ocean for any survivors

Survivors?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy