Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heliskiing in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello to those that aren't on the MSB

Now then......

Has anyone here been Heliskiing to Canada before?

To Revelstoke in particular or elsewhere?

In Revelstoke I see they have a heliski operation called Selkirk Tangiers. Anyone used them when in Revelstoke?

What I'd like to know is what the approx costs were for those that have been, including flights, accomodation and the heli-skiing. Any recommendations in particular and if there was anything you could change about the trip you went on what would it be?

There seems to be quite a few outfits that sort out this stuff these days, an operator that sorts out the whole package including flights accomodation etc is preferable though rather than arranging it all separately unless anyone has done it all separately and has saved £££££ without shirking on decent grub and accomodation?

Hope to benefit from someone's "been there done it" wisdom on this soon. Smile

Cheers

Emma
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with CMH last season to the Monashee range in Canada. Did it for a whole week as a package over Christmas week, simply fantastic. I couldn't recommend CMH enough.

Had perfect snow all week and the skiing was out of this world, definitely the best week of my life. (Saying that, I'm only 19 and my dad took me as he didn't know anyone else he could go with. Very Happy)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CMH seconded in the Whistler/Pemberton area.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5, I have been with this lot, http://www.rkheliski.com/
costs are on their website, but I only went for a one day jolly with them whilst on my hols.
Well worth it IMO, tho' please don't tell Mrs O exactly how much I paid !!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been with CMH on many occasions and am off next week. I have been to Revelstoke where the skiing is excellent but you stay in the town and have to take the van to the helipad every day. It is a bit cheaper than the other lodges and you have "The Ballet" on your doorstep!! This is a pole dancing bar orginally for the loggers but now very popular with CMH guests and locals! Have a look at their website www.canadianmountainholidays.com for availability and prices. I am very impressed with them overall and particularly on the safety aspect.
Also have a look at www.crescentspurheliski.com I was there last month and had a fantastic time - very similar to CMH but smaller - 20 guests max and only 2 groups with 2 guides per group, plus cheaper. Any further info required, please ask.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skilegs, Odin, veeeight, Spikyhedgehog,

Thanks for the info SH.

skilegs, Aherm....thanks for the tip about the pole dancing bar nearby, however as I am a laaaaadddyy I don't care much for pole dancing bars. Unless there are men, my chosen gender of partner, swinging themselves chalantly round poles in just their underwear. That said, I am still not sure if I would want to attend. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went and was the only woman there - really funny watching all the men drooling over their beers. The dancer actually gave me a wink!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skilegs wrote:
The dancer actually gave me a wink!!

Thought 'wow what a good place, then realised it said WINK !! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aren't most skiers pole dancers? Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5, done two trips both with TLH. First week was exactly as imagined - awesome skiing. Second week we had 5 down days out of 7. This is unusual but not impossible (clearly). Somewhat frustrating.

Cost about £4k + flights to Canada, heli transfer to lodge and the usual silly bar bill.

Excellent outfit, top guides and my bro who knows about these things said the helos were immaculately maintained.

Would I do it again? Probably not. There are other options...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Odin, Love your sense of humour - still laughing!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch,

Thanks for that. Yes I agree I think its something that I would do as a one off just for the experience of heliskiing in Canada not a regular thing.

Quote:

There are other options...

Anything else in particular you were thinking of?

There are so many places I want to ski and experience-I wish winter could be all year and not just for about 1/4 of it Toofy Grin

Speaking of which I haven't been down the Vallee Blanche before and would like to do that-since you are based in Chamonix then is there a guide or two that you could recommend for such?

Also up to how late in the season is the Vallee Blanche do able?

Thanks!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heliskiing is an addiction - you may think twice about skiing on piste again!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, some of what I was thinking about...just a few ideas...

We had an excellent couple of days in Whistler before heli skiing. If the company could have offered the alternative of a week in Whistler versus a week sitting in the lodge waiting for the weather to break we'd have leapt at it. (Obviously)

I had an excellent few days with Jackson Hole Mountain Guides touring around bits of the Tetons.

I had an excellent afternoon today playing in the 15cms of freshies up the Grands Montets. Whoever mentioned here a few days that they were bored in Chamonix is, IMHO, a fool.

We had an excellent few drops around the Matterhorn via helo a few weeks ago.

Vallee Blanche guide? speak to Lars at Mountain Penguins. www.mountainpenguins.com. I don't really know how long it's doable for - as the season comes to an end the walk out at the end gets longer. The Grands Montets is due to close May 11 - you probably don't want to come to Chamonix just to do the VB if you have an alternative. Althhough, clearly Chamonix is great (almost) any time of year.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch,

Thanks. Yes I agree, my plans were to have about 4 days somewhere else to be able to ski all the resort has to offer before embarking some place else for the heliskiing for 2-4 days. We are in the very early days of planning so this is why I wanted to get some ideas off people.

Now Chamonix! I agree its such a lovely place and so beautiful. I don't mind so much about the bussing around bit, I went to Chamonix for the first time over Christmas week and stayed in Argentiere right at the foot of the Grand Montets which was great. I didn't ski as much that week as I normally would do as I was recovering from a knee injury which happened 2 weeks before the trip ( Sad ) so I took it easy and didn't try anything that I knew would be a bad idea!

Quote:

The Grands Montets is due to close May 11 - you probably don't want to come to Chamonix just to do the VB if you have an alternative. Althhough, clearly Chamonix is great (almost) any time of year.

Yes you're right, was curious really, I would leave it until next season now and go for the week or for a short break and then plan to do the Vallee Blanche then. Thanks for the guide recommendation.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy