Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very strange but..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I used to hate soft snow moguls on piste that develop during the day after snow fall, now I love 'em. A piste without bumps is a terribly boring one. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, After 3 hours of private lessons next Thursday and I might agree you wink Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I think my skis have made all the difference. Suddenly, things became easier!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, I hate them too... is it experience that makes the difference or just the skis? I'd love to be able to enjoy doing them Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, We have our own skis but don't think they are up to much as we got caught out big, big time first week of Jan in Les Arcs is heavy fresh snow. Hiring next week so shall see. Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004, Neither is boring!

Different skiing it sure is, changing conditions keep things interesting.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald wrote:
changing conditions keep things interesting.

Couldn't agree more! On a recent weekend trip to Les Contamines, I had:

Hard, Compacted pistes on Friday
Knee deep snow and blizzard conditions on Saturday
Glorious, powdery snow, warm sun and clear skies on Sunday

Friday and Sunday were wonderful skiing days.
Sunday taught me that i'm nowhere near as good as i thought i was and that i need lots more practice of skiing in powder before i attempt to venture off piste properly.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
soft slushy bumps are better than average sex
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charli939, I think there's a transition when you're learning - from 'being able to ski' to being 'confident on your skis' - just time spent on the slopes.

magic_hat, I do agree. We arrived in Lech to rain and skied packed pistes and icy pistes the following day, slush low down in the afternoon. The following day there was loose snow on packed pistes, the next day was powder and limited visibility. We needed different technique each day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used to know someone that sailed he used to say that sailing was like playing chess on a constantly moving board. Maybe skiing is similar.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, I think that sums it up perfectly! My 'moving board' includes different conditions, different pistes and my differing ability based on how tired my poor wee legs are!

erica2004, That makes sense, maybe.... just maybe... I might have made the second category on the last trip but there was no fresh snow in my week so I shan't be able to tell for sure until the next one end of March/early April - bound to be completely different conditions then! Thanks for the advice Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
erica2004, very good. Next: hard icy moguls, possibly with rocks sticking out of them. Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy